Valued Contributor

Hello,

I went through something like this.  My situation was a little different in that my first marriage stayed intact until my son was in middle school.   After the divorce, I was the custodial parent and his father was rarely around.  I remarried after 5 years on being a single parent.  My son was supportive of me moving forward with my life but it was never really the same as it was when it was just the two of us.  It used to eat at me but now, I look at his life and he is happily married, a great dad and has a good career.  With so many things that have turned out good, I now feel it is fruitless to think of how I wish things were a little different etc.   I wish you well and know that are are not the only parent with struggles.  

Super Contributor

Bravo to all the wonderful mothers here who have raised such fine young men! ( mine precious son is 14)

I enjoyed reading all of your posts -you all should be very proud to have raised independent, successful well adjusted sons-  that is a blessing !

Honored Contributor

@blondetlw

Be ever so thankful & if you can reach "give yourself a big pat on the back" then SMILE because you've raised a fine young adult!

Believe me, I yearned for those moments of "yesterday-year" with my boys who are 37 & 34 - one is a wonderful SAHD by choice to our beautiful granddaughter & the other (youngest) is a hard working thoughtful guy.

I write this with a very emotional ❤️ As I've just spent 2 of the most wonderful weeks with both of them & their families. My older son is very outgoing and the other is reserved.  

Tuesday out of the blue my boys asked me to dinner - when I arrived first thing I asked "where is everybody else?" - answer "surprise it's just us!" We had a wonderful dinner full of laughs & memories when they were just kids....hmmmm somethings were surprising to learn! Lol😲😉

My kids live 3 hours apart, the one left work early.  I was shocked! I guess life does come "full circle" just when you think "they" are busy, grown men, etc. they still love their moms!!!!

I leave to go home tomorrow but my ❤️ Is full!!!!

IMG_6814.JPG

Occasional Contributor

@homedecor1 thank you so much for the kind words and I too am very proud of my son, I guess perhaps with the onset of menopause and such, I'm just so emotional these days and realize that I have only one more year with my son close to home, before he decides to move far away and embark on his career.  We now live in the Northeast and I've already been warned that he plans to move to the West Coast after college.

It's obvious that you too have raised wonderful caring sons who think their mother is wonderful and whom they love very much.  Happy Mother’s Day to you too dear and all the other sweet mothers out there who have added to this post.

Honored Contributor

@blondetlw

thank you & yes "emotions" are always higher (worse) for me on special days & holidays.  I think that is our built in mom mode!!! 😉

Respected Contributor

I miss my Son as a little boy too.....he will be thirty five in Nov. The cool thing is, I live with him,his wife and two children. My GS just turned four, he is so much like my DS,it's almost like  raising my Son again