Super Contributor

Would love gift ideas for daughter in law.

Could you share some gift ideas for daughter in law in 30's.

Super Contributor

Re: Would love gift ideas for daughter in law.

Well, I was informed one year by an ex-DIL not to get any of that Bath and Body Works **#@! So, I guess not that.

If she has a special hobby like crafting or scrapbooking, a gift card to a supplies place would be appreciated.

Also, if she loves to read, a gift card to a bookstore or Amazon would work.

Jewelry if you know what she likes.

Esteemed Contributor

Probably best to ask your son. Much depends on your budget. Her fave perfume, or a gift set of same.

ETA: Neiman Marcus.com has 50% off cashmere and free shipping today. You can get a cashmere scarf for under $50.00. Be sure she likes cashmere and is not sensitive to wool.

Honored Contributor

My MIL used to give me a small item then an envelope with cash or a gift card. I really appreciated that since our tastes are not alike.

I used to buy my DIL expensive items like a cashmere sweater or a designer handbag, but she never used the items and I might as well just have thrown hundreds a dollars away. So now...I buy her favorite chocolate and give her cash in a beautiful card. She is much happier and so am I. I don't have to rack my brain to buy her something she won't like or use.

Super Contributor

We don't spend a lot on the adults-just for the kids, but I get my DIL Philosophy bath wash etc. I got several this year for 10.00 at Nordstroms. So that's what I give here. She likes it. No clothing, jewelry etc. That's for my son to buy.

Respected Contributor

Nordstrom has some nice cashmere shawls, but they are over $100. Not sure how much you want to spend. A small gift with a gift card is nice.

Honored Contributor

I agree ask your son what she likes if you don't know. Wow wished I had received some items you moms bought your DIL. I removed the rest of my reply. Was not very nice not in a very good mood today. Bah Humbug!!! LOL!!! I don't want to be a negative Nancy.

Super Contributor

I bought my new DIL rose gold hoops from the Q. Around $60 last summer. I heard her say she would like to try rose gold. Done!

Valued Contributor

I bought my daughter-in-law a huge set of huggable hangers from hsn and she loved them!

Super Contributor

Some things I get my Granddaughters in that age group - Shower gel, body spry either from Bath & Body works or Victorias Secret, Candles, Infinity scarf, if you are in a cold climate - gloves with easy access to cell phone. If you buy from BBW or Victorias Secret and she doesn't like the fragrance they will exchange it.