Honored Contributor

Re: When do kids in your area go back to School?

Second week in August

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some of the schools in our area start August 28 and others start after Labor Day. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 ... Whoever told you that needs to mind their own stupid business !!  I LOVE your contributions Annabellethecat, no matter the topic!!  I can relate to you, think you are hysterically funny, enjoy your stories new or from awhile back, and your lovely girls.  You add a little lightness to sometimes serious matters and offer good advice on a myriad of subjects from health to fashion and everything in between.  Don't listen to them Annabellethecat ...  You would be a FABULOUS Anne Landers !!  Let's see how many ask who that is ...  don't let anyone steal your spirit ...  I LOVE it ...  

Esteemed Contributor

First week of August. 

Honored Contributor

@Graciesmom  I'm overly sensitive about how much I bla bla all of the time.  I know I do it and I try to apologize but the other way I look at it, people know I 'talk' a lot so why not just ignore my posts...right?

Some people (here and in 'real life') like to argue.  We all know who they are.  They will go back and forth constantly.  Eventually I just let it go.  I don't like the way I'm sensitive about it and have tried to post less and make the posts shorter but .....I'm not doing a good job of it.

I only belong to this forum (and face book).  But I don't post much on face book.  I love the way there are people here from all over the US with similar interests to me.   I love interacting with everyone here.  It's NOT like I think what I have to say is so important, I just like to 'join in' on the conversations.  I've never been good (even in real life) offering up short comments.  I think it's just that I can't come up with cleaver responses so I go on and on (explaining myself.....just like all I've written above).

I don't usually copy posts because I think it causes anger.

Go over to   Here:  Re: >400 Doctors, Nurses, & Pharmacists Arrested in Fraud case .

Read the back and forth between myself and @itiswhatitis

She has an issue with my long posts and it also shows me up for how overly sensititive I am about my posts.  I do apologize.

Valued Contributor

Everyone knows one or two contributors here that push their buttons the wrong way ...  there are some just looking for someone to be contrary with no matter the subject.  Some snarky, some snooty, but you eventually find someone you look forward to reading.  I think the way you express yourself here actually lets your personality shine thru which is so appealing, you make good sense and offer a giggle.  I am a talker too so I know where you're coming from.  I think you have quite a little fan club going on here and just because someone is a little jealous of your ability to communicate and relate to so many they want to find something to complain about to deflate your balloon.  I know who you refer to and haven't seen anyone wondering where she is as your friends did while you were recuperating from your surgery.  Sort of speaks for itself Annabelle ...  Don't let anyone steal your joy of writing and making friends here ...  I think you're WONDERFUL ... I'll catch up with you later in BB19 ...

Trusted Contributor

Second week in August in Fl.

Honored Contributor

When my daughter was in school it was the Thursday after Labor Day.

If they had built in snow days that weren't used they would extend Spring break or Memorial Day Weekend to use them up.

I was told they couldn't shorten the school year because of final exams and graduations.

Honored Contributor

I think my teacher daughter starts working around August 7th, with the goal of ending the year right after Memorial Day.   This area of WV averages 15+ snow days a year, and the majority of those are built into the school calendar.  Any additional days must be made up, which extend the school year into the first week of June.   Summer vacation here is basically June and July.   

Honored Contributor

It depends on the town; last week of August for some.  After Labor day for others.