Honored Contributor

Re: When do kids in your area go back to School?

@ECBG

ARRRGH!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Our teachers go back on August 24-26.  

When I taught, August 14th was usually the first student day.

NC requires 144 days.  They are extremely strict on "forgiving" a day for snow to my county.

@ECBG

This 144 days made me do a double take as in NY we go 180 days.  I checked North Carolina and it listed 180 days for public school children.

No state goes less than 160 days. 

@Nataliesgramma

Most schools in our area start right after Labor Day.  Depending on when the Jewish holidays fall, some years it is not until the second week of September.  It is not unusual for school to be in in session until late in June.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Our teachers go back on August 24-26.  

When I taught, August 14th was usually the first student day.

NC requires 144 days.  They are extremely strict on "forgiving" a day for snow to my county.

@ECBG

This 144 days made me do a double take as in NY we go 180 days.  I checked North Carolina and it listed 180 days for public school children.

No state goes less than 160 days. 

@Nataliesgramma

Most schools in our area start right after Labor Day.  Depending on when the Jewish holidays fall, some years it is not until the second week of September.  It is not unusual for school to be in in session until late in June.

@muttmom,Oh Gosh!  Thank you!  I hit the wrong key!  Gosh would the kids have been delighted if they knew that was the no of days!

What would the moms say?

Image result for shocked children's faces

Super Contributor

Monday, Aug. 28th here in PA.  Used to be after Labor Day all the time, not anymore....