Not applicable

What happened to Halloween on QVC ?

Hi, Is there anyone else who misses the shows that QVC used to do for Halloween?, I've been a customer for at least 25 years, and used to really enjoy them!, costumes, masks, decorations, I really miss it, and I see that items are on sale on there site, but as soon as September hits, it's Christmas. I love Halloween and miss the hosts dressing in costumes, the spooky scenes, the music and sound effects, everything!, I've spoken to customer service and they say that they will consider it...... I'm still waiting.

Super Contributor

Re: What happened to Halloween on QVC ?

I do not miss it at all!
Super Contributor

They do this at the middle of October.

Esteemed Contributor

They used to have some GREAT Halloween items! I would rather see some Halloween shows instead of 5 months of Christmas items.

Super Contributor

I recall that they really do it up on Halloween day. The sets are marvelous, the hosts & vendors dress up etc.

Honored Contributor

we don't celebrate Halloween so I haven't noticed...just wish they had not been doing Christmas programming since July; they should change it from ""Christmas in July"" to ""Christmas kickoff"" to be more accurate. I do love autumn and wish they had offered more new fall things this year. I imagine they will do something with Halloween later in October.

Super Contributor

I remember those shows. Been a member 25th also. They were fun. I ordered a mask from David V. Called the constipation mask. It was a full mask and I wore it to work once at the high school I worked at. It was really very funny ! The sets were great.
Frequent Contributor

Quacker is on tomorrow with their "Falloween" show for two hours, Angel and the host usually dress up. And the set is usually a little decorated.
Esteemed Contributor

I agree! And don't understand why people come on here to say they don't give a fig about Halloween programming one way or the other.

One item I purchased from the Q years ago I ended up bringing to work and placed in my office. It was a skull that had a small light in it and spewed fog out of the eye, nose and mouth holes. Whenever we had a training event, I would turn down the lights in my office and turn on the skull and all my docs loved that skull! I'll be getting it out soon!

Will be keeping my eye out for relevant programming. Thanks for bringing this up.

Regular Contributor

Hi Moon, I too miss the Halloween shows they used to do. Dave King was great (the host no longer there) and they would have a witches cackle sound, fog, masks being sold by a guy in show biz that worked on real horror masks. I love Halloween. I miss Dave King. Anyway, I remember someone on the Q saying they were not going to do those shows anymore. {#emotions_dlg.sad} I forget why. At least not such extravagant shows. It was three nights long before too. Maybe people got the masks and returned them after Halloween? A lot of stuff may have been returned so QVC quit doing it.

HSN does do shows on Halloween and has David's cookies with usually a Halloween themed cookie jar. They also sell fun things. I caught a show already one day. They had on an animated witch and those yard blow up figures. They had ghosts and some other things too. I know last year I bought a couple skeleton figurines from them. I don't catch HSN much, but once in awhile, they have some good shows. Fun Christmas ones too.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}