Honored Contributor

Re: What does this say to you, moms?

@GiantsLover 

I love what you said.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

How wonderful that your daughter found a card that expressed he words that she could not say. And what a beautiful moment it was for you when you read it.

Valued Contributor

That is a very special card because she apparently wants you to know how much she loves and appreciates you, but it seems the words do not come easy to her. Some people just are not good at expressing their feelings. It's good that she found a card that expressed what she really wishes she could say. She was showing you that she really does love you, despite any differences you might have. Keep it nearby to read over again on those difficult days and know that no matter what, you truly are loved.

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much for your kind reply Lilac TreeSmiley Happy.

Super Contributor

Its heartwarming. The words of love and comfort. She understands your efforts and loves you a lot.

Respected Contributor

This story gave me a flash back, I forgot all about this. Years ago they had a machine at the drug store and you could compose your own cards. It was wonderful and then as fast as it came out it went away. Does anyone remember these machines ?I am not suggesting that your daughter did this composing. But maybe ?? Heart

Honored Contributor

I think it's lovely and I know it warmed your soul.  I think she probably looked at scores of cards before she found one that put her feelings into words.  

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree That's so beautiful. I'm not a Mom but I'm a daughter without my Mom. First Mother's Day without her was painful beyond any words. I laminated a card for her and left it at the cemetery. I always loved picking out the perfect card for her for every occasion.

My Mom and I had difficult times too. But in all ways that really mattered our bond was unbreakable. We were best friends and loved each other so much, and that will always be the case.. Cherish every day.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Super Contributor

This is true. we must take stand. which side, that defines our wisdom.

Honored Contributor

Lovely card.