Trusted Contributor

I have never had a conversation with my Son's Girlfriends Mom.  I have spoken to Dad when dropping off blankets for the animals winter 2016 - when it was cold.  The conversation was friendly but ...

My question is this:  my Son has been dating this girl for 3 years.  She LIVES with my Son in his Father's large home.  The mileage between the my Son's GF Mom and Dad is 2 miles at best.  

My ex-Husband - my Son's Father - has a history of violence.  He was a horrible person prior to my meeting him and my Son's GF's Family - her Mom and Dad know this because they grew up around my son's dad.

I am divorced from the turd but my question is this:  should I invite the Mom over for Mother's Day (there will be other people there).

I have NEVER had a conversation with the woman.  Additionally my Son said the parents are distance to him (they are also divorced but friendly) - and I tried to explain that he needs to have a talk with - AT LEAST - the Dad to reassure that not only will his Mom beat his butt (along with the her Family) - but he will begging the Police to come and get him if there was any violence.

I get where they are coming from.  I never KNEW PEOPLE LIKE THIS EXISITED.

YEP - THAT BAD.  Thanks to my ex-'s brother being a NOW retired Baltimore County Cop - nobody trusts the Police to handle any domestic violence calls ... it was BAD

Honored Contributor

Is your son and his GF going to be at your house for Mother's Day? If so I'd ask her how she feels about you inviting her mother. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I can't make heads or tails of this convoluted story.

Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I can't make heads or tails of this convoluted story.

@ Me neither !

Trusted Contributor

Re: What do you think ...

[ Edited ]

OOOPS I meant @151949 me neither.

Valued Contributor

I think we are missing parts of this story. How we went from inviting her son's girlfriends mom to dinner to kicking her father's butt for violence I have no idea. And what does her retired family member have to do with it all?

Super Contributor

Include me :::eyeroll:::

Esteemed Contributor

@sktchy, what do you really want to do? That is what I would do. I have had get togethers at my home and invited people who I really didn't know very well at all, and was halfway surprised when they came. But, they seemed to enjoy being here and I was thrilled that they accepted my invitation.

Honored Contributor

I personally would not invite someone to a family get together if we had never met, or even spoken before.   However, I am just weird that way. 

Honored Contributor

HUH??? Not following. However, to me dating and living together are two different things!