Respected Contributor

H double hockey sticks, yes! But, I worry about my married children driving to work! I guess, the big question is if your son is mature enough and experienced enough not to get in trouble or get scared? Would he call for help right away if he did? If it's a done deal I would let him know he can call anytime if he needs anything, then take a hit out on his father! ( not really, just....!😉)

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

Does he want to do this drive?

@jackthebear

He thinks he does.  However, this is quite an old post and he hasn't gone yet.  So I'm hoping this grand idea has been dropped.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

Hi Ford, I went searching for you. I have been worried about you. You OK with your recent med problem?

As to you grandson, you can talk to him but I doubt it will be heard. 18 is the age they go deaf, and know everything.

Also, some of the worries we have at our age are not things that even cross the mind of an 18 year old. Foresight is not developed until mid-20's, so they have no fear factor.

The best your daughter can do is ask for frequent contact, a call or text. I think he will figure it all out. OR he may just turn around when he gets too far from his comfort zone.

@gabstoomuch

This is an old post . . . and so far this trip has not happened, thankfully.

For an update on my health, see my post of a month ago in Wellness.  I broke my shoulder five weeks ago . . . long recuperation ahead.  Thank you for your thoughts.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986