Honored Contributor

Re: What do you do with all of your children's childhood photos?

I haven't done that yet.  Someday, in fact, it looks like time to do those things is on the horizon.  

Honored Contributor

My first step was to sort through them and toss out the nearly duplicate ones. I have a tendency to take several shots of basically the same thing, like kids coming down the water slide.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

I have so many as all of you probable do. I have tossed a few and put the rest in a decorative box. Wish I had the time to put them in a nice book that was well organized. 

@panda1234   I would have no idea how to do it, but my DS suggested scanning them and I assume they're stored in/on the cloud? Anyway, he does a few boxes of pics each weekend and it sure helps clear out a lot of clutter. He's doing wedding albums of ours, his and his sister's, too. 

@Shanus You need a scanner or a printer that also scans.  It is easy to do, but time consuming.  But it is worth it to do the ones that really do matter, and nice to include some shots of everyone, and every year. Tell the story in brief! 

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@LindaSal wrote:

@panda1234  You know, you are probably right in that regard.  I would hope they would appreciate the memories they serve but yes, they most likely wouldn't view them much.

@LindaSal  So true. Feel bad trashing these pictures but I don't even know who these people are. I even have my mother's yearbook from 1946, who is going to look at that? Who cares? 

@panda1234 The school from which the yearbook came would probably appreciate it.  Call their library and ask.

Honored Contributor

I have 8 large ring magnetic photo albums of our sons growing up.  Our son is very sentimental, especially after we lost our younger son at 19, his brother.  I know without asking not to touch it.

He also wants my big three ring cook book that are my personal recipes.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have 8 large ring magnetic photo albums of our sons growing up.  Our son is very sentimental, especially after we lost our younger son at 19, his brother.  I know without asking not to touch it.

He also wants my big three ring cook book that are my personal recipes.

@ECBG Thanks for sharing your recipes and food ideas with us!  I'm sure that cook book is much cherished and MUCH loved! 

Trusted Contributor

I'm going to digitize all of them.  I have thrown away all of the duplicates I have.