Trusted Contributor

Re: What do moms of young girls think of this?

I would not like a grown man sending my young daughter flowers, hand-picked or not.  I would say something to him.

Esteemed Contributor

Your friend (or her niece) could also look up on-line to see if the neighbor is listed as a predator. If he has a record of this behavior and was charged, he must register as a sex offender in this area.

Esteemed Contributor

My daughter deals with these types of cases and prosecutes them. She loves nothing more than to get these dirt bags off the streets (or computers) and away from kids.

She has 3 daughters and would in no way find this appropriate bahavior. 

Esteemed Contributor

As a mother of two daughters and a grandmother of two granddaughters, I'd put a halt to the neighbor's flowers. It is very inappropriate. 

Trusted Contributor

That is beyond weird. 

The child is 6. Who would even think of doing such a thing? Even if she were 16, it would be creepy and inappropriate, if a new neighbor began sending her expensive flower arrangements. 

The parents should go over and explain that they cannot allow their little girl to receive gifts like this. Try and be polite, they have to be neighbors, but, be firm. 

If any further behavior continued, I'm afraid politeness would go out the window. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is inappropriate as it could possibly be! I would put a stop to it immediately and also make sure the little girl has zero contact with this creepy guy. Definitely check on the site where you can see how many pedophiles live near you. I don't know where you live...and it's a good thing, or I would have to hop on my broom and grab this guy by his tulips and let him know he was to have no contact whatsoever...

Respected Contributor

What, are those parents nuts?

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

This thread is a year old!  Why bring this up now?

Valued Contributor

Maybe it’s a diversion from the many virus threads?......I’d love to see an update on this from the OP.
Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

This thread is a year old!  Why bring this up now?

@haddon9  It was started a year ago but there were posts in late December and late February.  There are other threads here that were started YEARS ago that people still post on.

Keepin' it real.