Respected Contributor

Re: What do moms of young girls think of this?

[ Edited ]

Sorry to disappoint you, @mamaslittlepotato, but I have nothing other than the original post to offer to this incredibly long-running discourse. 

I think the first couple of postings on this thread said it all.....which perfectly agree with my opinion, the opinion of the person who told me the story, and the opinion of my daughter-in-law (a mom of a young girl herself) to whom we told the story.

My original post (I hoped) made  clear that I neither know nor am related to the little girl or her parents.  I posted to remind parents of one way that child predators are probably working everyday in the real world.

I tried to explain from the beginning that this was told to me by a houseguest, who  by the way, lives in another state from me. I have no power or influence to intervene in a sad situation involving people I don't know and will never know.

That's up to the girl's parents  I don't know the girl, don't know her parents, don't even live within a thousand miles of them. 

How about if QVC deletes this whole thread.?.......it's gone on too long.

Esteemed Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you, @mamaslittlepotato, but I have nothing other than the original post to offer to this incredibly long-running discourse. 

I think the first couple of postings on this thread said it all.....which perfectly agree with my opinion, the opinion of the person who told me the story, and the opinion of my daughter-in-law (a mom of a young girl herself) to whom we told the story.

My original post (I hoped) made  clear that I neither know nor am related to the little girl or her parents.  I posted to remind parents of one way that child predators are probably working everyday in the real world.

I tried to explain from the beginning that this was told to me by a houseguest, who  by the way, lives in another state from me. I have no power or influence to intervene in a sad situation involving people I don't know and will never know.

That's up to the girl's parents  I don't know the girl, don't know her parents, don't even live within a thousand miles of them. 

How about if QVC deletes this whole thread.?.......it's gone on too long.

@novamc1   I liked everything you posted until I reached the last line.  No need to delete this thread, it sends a very valuable message.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

@novamc1 You didn’t disappoint me at all. I was just hoping that nothing bad ended up happening to the little girl and all is well. So hopefully this is a case of no news is good news.
Respected Contributor

It makes me glad I have a son who's an adult. He has a wonderful little girl and I don't envy the parents of young children, these days. The world is a much more dangerous place than when I was a kid, and I worry about their safety, the environment, etc.

Valued Contributor

I would be very concerned and would send them back and tell him to stop!

Respected Contributor

This is flat out a predator grooming the parents to get to the child. The parents need a smack upside the head for not seeing it for what it is. I'm not sure these people can be trusted to make good decisions on anything. 

I have a Granddaughter almost six in an upscale neighborhood in NC. New neighbors just bought the house next door. If I heard this story, & fancy flower arrangements were being delivered to my little Gran, I’d be in my car & driving SOUTH, to check out this neighbor & report him to authorities. Something isn’t right about that! It’s not normal. Very suspicious. Only someone extremely naive would not see RED FLAGS all around.
Respected Contributor

Predators prey on little boys too.

Respected Contributor

to the op: I think this is alarming and predatory behavior. It sounds like he might be trying to "groom" her. Or maybe he's not all there upstairs and just doesn't understand how inappropriate it is.

In any case, I would call a screeching halt and not have anything to do with that neighbor anymore. And if he keeps it up, call the cops. In an extreme case, move away and don't tell any of your neighbors where you are.