Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do moms of young girls think of this?

[ Edited ]

New neighbor giving a child gifts without first obtaining permission from parents?

Giving a child (either small or expensive) gifts and the inappropriate attentiveness that prompted his sending the gifts are both big warning signs. Also, you picked up on the "creepy" aspect of this.

Yes, you have a pedophile on the prowl.

Watch out for 'secret' anythings... secret names for each other, secret games that only they play, secret place that is "our" place, secret words or gestures that mean something between them, etc.

Kids love to have secrets, especially from their parents, and pedophiles use that to their own advantage.

Parents should consult police, inquire about past complaints of this nature re this man at his previous address.

Pedophiles of this type are amused and emboldened when schools & parents teach "stranger danger". He may even volunteer to help teach it to this girl to reinforce that he isn't a stranger and therefore poses no potential threat.

This is not just another post for me.

Try to talk to a detective, take a copy of your post it shows your instincts are right on.

PS   can't always avoid a neighbor, but This man should NEVER be with this child unless one or both of her parents are also present. Not for one minute!

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

It’s hard to believe parents can be this stupid. I hope someone calls Social Services right away.

What do you think Social Services can do???  People are allowed to parent their children in any way they deem appropriate.  Parents are allowed to make bad decisions.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It doesn't take a Ph.D to answer this. He is a predator and will eventually molest that little girl if someone doesn't intervene. Sadly, you don't need brains to be a parent. 

Frequent Contributor

@novamc1 

Please somehow get them to do a background check on that man ASAP. And someone needs to shake those parents! 

Your post actually bothers me deeply. I won't go into details but this sounds exactly like grooming to me. And these stories are always the same. New man in the neighborhood. Seems so nice and sweet. Gives kid money, candy or whatever. Gives kid special attention and "befriends" the kid in order to earn her trust. It happens way to often and kids don't know better than to trust an adult who is making them feel special.

Please please 🙏 tell your house guest to pass along info about grooming.

Respected Contributor

@novamc1   Wow, that takes a lot of nerve to send such a small girl flowers.  Tell them to check out Megan's list for his name and or former addresses if you can.

If nothing else, contact the spouse of this creep and tell them you will be reporting him if he sends ANYTHING to the child again.  Maybe the spouse is unaware or has been told he has changed his ways and is is no longer "grooming" children.  Makes you wonder why they moved to that house.....did they have to leave their former residence.....was it because there was a young girl living there. 

Do whatever you need to do to keep this child safe....

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I can't even imagine your houseguest who saw this is not concerned to just shrug it off! 

Please please please do intervene I wouldn't be able to rest until this was "looked into"...even if you need to intervene through this houseguest.

This gives me chills -- just creepy 

Respected Contributor

Sounds like a Dr. Phil story in the making.

Honored Contributor

Anyone can go online I think and see is a documented sex offender is in a neighborhood can't they? 

Esteemed Contributor

I think that there is a website where you can see if there are criminals living near you.

I don't remember what the website address is, but maybe someone here does.

I don't know what the police can do, since as far as I know, he hasn't broken any laws.

Creepy?

Heck, yeah, it's creepy. It's creepy as h*e*l*l, .

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

This makes my skin crawl.  Someone needs to wake up the parents and protect that child.