Respected Contributor

Re: What are good games for a 6 yo on my iPad?

I appreciate the suggestions about the games. Thank you.

I am not going to defend my self or my life or my ipad. And, I don't do smiley faces.

Okay, I will defend myself. The ipad is new to us. It's a 10 min drive from the Christian school he attends to my house. Then we turn off the ipad, have lunch (Me, the 6 year old & the 2 year old). And, then we play board games, read books or do crafts until my daughter in law comes to pick them up.

You don't have any idea how much time he has with electronics. They don't have computers in kindergarten. He doesn't have a cell phone, ipad, computer or cable tv at their house. Yes, my son & daughter in law were asked if it was okay if he played on the ipad & we agreed on how much time was okay.

I am not an unfeeling monster that just wants to ignore my grandchild. I love him & the other 3 more than life itself. I just don't understand why I ask a simple question & it makes someone start assuming horrible things about me & lecturing me on a shopping channel forum. And, I let it get to me! I just want that baby to have some fun on our new toy. It does not turn him into a mindless zombie. It does not mean that I am a selfish, unfeeling beast.

I said I agree with what you said & I do. I just don't think that means that I am not allowed to ask for some ideas for suitable games for my ipad.

Trusted Contributor

You're always going to get opinions, not just answers to your questions. Please don't be insulted by what others think. It is nothing against you personally. We just like to say what's on our mind and express differences in thought.
Respected Contributor

Hi Dusty1,

I am a Kindergarten teacher and I can share a couple of free learning websites I use with laptops in my classroom that my children love. I don't know if you can get them on the Ipad or not but here they are:

www.starfall.com

www.abcya.com

I hope these help!

Panda lady

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

Sign up for "apps gone free". Everyday they'll sent you some apps for iPad or iPhone for which there is normally a charge but for one day you can download them for free. Many of them, too many for me, are apps directed at or designed for children.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Ugh, NONE. Don't start such a bad habit.

Steve Jobs had it right when he never allowed his children to use any of the products he developed.

This from a fresh, young (early 30's), p.o.v., it is DISGUSTING to see parents give their children that black-hole of a pretty LCD background just to shut them up!

Respected Contributor

On 11/17/2014 panda lady said:

Hi Dusty1,

I am a Kindergarten teacher and I can share a couple of free learning websites I use with laptops in my classroom that my children love. I don't know if you can get them on the Ipad or not but here they are:

www.starfall.com

www.abcya.com

I hope these help!

Panda lady

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for the helpful suggestions.