Honored Contributor

Re: Warning . . . personal photo

@jpiewrote:

Thank you @LilacTree!  You made such a gloomy, overcast day so much happier!  

@jpie

: )  : )  : ) 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Oh my my my . . . the sweet lady next door just brought over a huge egg-shaped chocolate cake for us!!!  That won't be hard for my daughter, but it's going to take all I have to stay away from that.  I didn't even eat any of my birthday cake a couple of weeks ago.  But that wasn't chocolate.

I asked her to put it out of sight and she put it in the fridge.  No one around to give it to!   Ay yi yi !!! 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree Every time I click on this picture it makes me smile.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66wrote:

@LilacTree Every time I click on this picture it makes me smile.

@Annabellethecat66

Oh Annabelle, me too.  I have made it my computer wallpaper (background), so I see it all the time.  I talked to my LBI daughter today and she also said the same thing and we weren't even talking about it at the time . . . she just came out with it.

Thank you so much . . . again.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree   I never come to this forum so it was meant for me to see this thread and the photo. It took my breath away and my eyes filled with tears. You are right --- you and your daughter could universally represent any mother and daughter. Those of us who have had/have that relationship know how incredibly invaluable it is. Priceless!

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@LilacTree   I never come to this forum so it was meant for me to see this thread and the photo. It took my breath away and my eyes filled with tears. You are right --- you and your daughter could universally represent any mother and daughter. Those of us who have had/have that relationship know how incredibly invaluable it is. Priceless!

@Tique

I am sorry it took me so long to answer your lovely post.  I have not been able to post much this past week. 

I agree wholeheartedly with what you said . . . it is invaluable to have loving children . . . and priceless also.  I know some wonderful women who never had children (especially girls) and one of them is the daughter in my photo.  Fate both gives and deprives.  I am happy to hear that you have had this kind of love also.  It is the perfect gift. 

Thank you for your wonderful words.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

You look so cozy together.  Thank you for sharing this with us, @LilacTree

and happy belated birthday!

80 and Fabulous -- absolutely!!

Image result for star spangled birthday candles

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

How special, how beautiful, how loving.

Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

What a lovely pic. Your daughter looks like you..very pretty

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

What a lovely pic. Your daughter looks like you..very pretty

@cherry

Thank you, cherry. 

Formerly Ford1224