Valued Contributor

Re: Warning . . . personal photo

Beautiful photo - thank you for sharing and Happy Birthday.

Honored Contributor

What a wonderful celebration and the PERFECT photo to remember it! You are right - you can see the love coming through. My grandmother had hair like yours, only she wore her bun just a little lower. How special your day must have been, and I wish you a year full of many, many blessings ahead! Heart

Honored Contributor

@beach-momwrote:

What a wonderful celebration and the PERFECT photo to remember it! You are right - you can see the love coming through. My grandmother had hair like yours, only she wore her bun just a little lower. How special your day must have been, and I wish you a year full of many, many blessings ahead! Heart

@beach-mom

Yes and yes.  My hair is long but very thinned out, especially on top which is why my daughter put the bun high.  I don't know how she makes it look so thick and full . . . she's really good at it, that's why . . . she was a stylist for 30 years and had a large "book" (clientele).  Wherever she worked, she did all the owners' hair.  She was great at cutting especially (and still is for family).

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree, that is a beautiful picture and worthy of framing.  Thanks for posting.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

@LilacTreewrote:

Meg me at 80th.jpg

So sweet, beautiful !! @LilacTree

"A picture is worth a thousand words" -- so true!  Heart Heart

Honored Contributor

What a wonderful pic & tender moment!  Happy Belated 80th🌹🌹🌹

Thanks for sharing!!! 

Trusted Contributor

Happy (belated) Birthday @LilacTree. You are so beautiful, inside and out.

Your daughter in the pic seems to look just like you. You have great daughters. No sons right?

I feel like I know you so well, after so many years of chatting on here with you. Funny how you may never meet a person, but you feel connected to them anyway.

I know you don't feel well, but you look awesome! I don't come here as much anymore only because it just is not the same. Back in the day there were not many message boards, so I was always here. Now, you can find a message board on any topic you wish to talk on, so the internet got bigger for sure. I watch a lot of TED Talks now.

One long ago conversation I remember so clearly was when you were trying to explain that supplemental dental insurance was a real thing. I can't remember the name of the company but boy oh boy, that thread went on for pages of people trying to prove you wrong. I was #teamFord, because you knew exactly what you were saying, and it was all correct. LOL, odd thread to remember. Maybe because the attack was so bad.

I also often think of your sick daughter. There is a new stem cell therapy at a medical place in Beverly Hills. I am sure it is not cheap, and we know insurance does not pay for Lyme related treatments. I so wish for her she could find relief. She is so young to have to suffer so bad.

So now you are in another decade! I am happy your kids gave you a little celebration. Onwards to 90 now, keep marching on! Heart Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gabstoomuch

Nice to hear from you!

Actually, it's not dental insurance I was trying to explain long ago.  It's an online plan that dentists and the public can both join that provides discounts on all dental procedures.  One gets the discount as long as they go to a dentist who participates.  The total savings can be thousands of dollars, depending upon what one is having done.  I saved almost $2,000 by using one of these plans.  My daughter uses it too and it costs less than $130 per year for both of us.

It is cash up front, but if you have good credit, many use Careington/Synchrony Bank which will give you a loan at 0% interest for a number of months to pay it off, which is also not a bad deal.  I did that only once and I paid it off before the no interest period ended.  If I remember correctly, some folks did research it and used it.

No, I do not have any biological sons, but my daughters have a half brother from my ex's second wife, and I love him like my own son. 

Thanks again for your lovely comments about the photo.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

Amazing.  Wow, awesome.

Got a suggestion. You will have to google it but there is a  company or two online that takes photos and makes them into jigsaw puzzles.  Then when you get it... you put it together and you can frame it.  The effect is amazing.  I have done it four times.

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu

Interesting.  My family has always been into jigsaw puzzles, the really hard ones!! 

Someone in another thread has already criticized "blurry" photos taken at special events and what a shame it is, and I knew exactly what she meant. 

See?  They can even criticize you from afar!!

Actually I like the slightly blurry effect of my photo, I think it lends to the way we were both feeling at the time.

Formerly Ford1224