Trusted Contributor

Thanks to all who gave advice about my 15 year old son traveling with his friend’s family to Utah. I gave the parents a notarized letter of medical consent in case of injury while snowboarding, and  copies of my insurance and Rx cards. He had a great time and no injuries. 😊 Knowing I had provided these documents let me breathe a little easier. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Update on my son’s travel

Delighted your son had a great time. Skiing in Utah is fabulous! Their ski runs are some of the best. And the scenery is oh-la-la gorgeous. What an opportunity!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Good for you for doing your due diligence. Glad your son had a great time. I've found that if I'm well prepared for "what if" then "what if" usually doesn't happen!

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Good for you for doing your due diligence. Glad your son had a great time. I've found that if I'm well prepared for "what if" then "what if" usually doesn't happen!

I'm very high maintenance about stuff like this.  I travelled to Europe with my niece and she was 19.  Even though she was not a minor my sister thought to prepare/have notarized a letter that she, and my niece signed that I carried with me stating that if something happened needing immediate medical decisions made for some reason and the parents could not be located, I was authorized to make those decisions.