Frequent Contributor

UPDATE: Minor Difference of Opinion with DIL

UPDATE:  I had my grandson with me for a few days, and when DIL came to pick him up he was dressed in one of the new outfits I bought him.  DIL saw how nice it looked on him and it fit and she said: "I guess you were right - he needed a larger size.  He looks adorable."  I told her: "I hope you don't mind. I went a little crazy when I was out shopping and bought some things - they were all so cute."  She said: "NOT AT ALL!  That's fine - you can have some fun and he will get new clothes."  So the problem is solved. 

Honored Contributor

Re: UPDATE: Minor Difference of Opinion with DIL

@Bubby Mommy @Glad that worked..I bet you had so much fun having your grandson all to yourself for a couple of days.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bubby Mommy   Win, win all around.  I am happy it worked out in a positive way for all concerned.  Woman Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Bubby Mommy : Happy that things worked out.

My suggestion: If this is DIL's first child, why not take her and DGS out for lunch and some shopping? Let HER choose some clothes next time he needs to advance in size, and YOU pay.

My DS was the first grand for my MIL. She chose the clothes. They were very dressy and fussy and generally were worn ONCE. Such a waste of money, and as she raised two sons, the more loving thing would have been to let me have my fun choosing an outfit or two for my son to wear. I would have thought nice thoughts of her often, when my DS wore those clothes. Missed opportunity.

That's what I will do in the future if I am blessed with a grandchild.

Esteemed Contributor

That is happy news!!  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

So glad it worked out in a positive way for you both.!

Respected Contributor

So happy for you. It seemed so problematic and then in a short while, it was solved with a HAPPY ending too! Whatever or however you did good.

Respected Contributor

@Bubby Mommy   Thank you for giving us the news of the positive outcome.  So happy for you, son, d-i-law, and of course, the little one.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad it turned out well. Maybe she was dressing him in what she had. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@Bubby Mommy You handled that beautifully!Smiley Happy