Respected Contributor

Has anyone ordered from this company? I'm wanting to send the magazine "Jack and Jill" to our granddaughter in Sweden.

Or does anyone know a good magazine company to order from? Thanks so much.

Respected Contributor

I’ve subscribed to Highlights in the past as a gift for my grandchildren.  I did not have any problems with it but they were not overseas. 

Honored Contributor

National Geographic Kids

Respected Contributor

@software @itsmagic  Thanks

I'm having problems with companies that will send to Sweden.

Honored Contributor

I would not subsribe to a magazine without speaking to her parents first and getting input as to what her interests are.  Also, if she is in Sweden,  they or she might prefer a Swedish publication.  Or even an online magazine subscription.  I remember my mom would often buy things for our girls because it was what she wanted but sometimes it fell flat, it wasn't what my girls wanted.  My own grands are still very young but I certainly hope that I keep in mind that a gift should be about what the kids want and can use,  not what I want to give them.  Even now I run things by my daughters before I buy things for them.  At this point, it's to make sure I am not duplicating something they have.  

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree  Our daughter-in-law wants them to have books and magazines in English. They don't have many in Sweden. Our grandchildren are bilingual.

Our grandchildren loves getting magazines each month.  A special gift that gives all year.

I send our grandson "Ranger Rick" but Highlights no longer send to Sweden.

So now I'm looking at other magazines to send our granddaughter. Companies that will send to Sweden. US Kids will send to Sweden but I was needing to know if it was a good company to use.

I'm like you, I always ask our daughter-in-law about gifts I send.

Trusted Contributor

Since International shipping may be an issue, I suggest having the magazine sent to you and then you forward to them in Sweden.

When my kids were little my parents subscribed to Nat Geo Kids at there home.  It seems like there were different versions based on the age of the kids.

Sports Illustrated also has a kids version if that would be of interest.

If you go to magazines dot com, they have a section for children and teens.

Respected Contributor

@mimomof4  I wish it was that easy but the shipping to Sweden costs more than the magazine.

What I really needed to know if anyone had ordered from US Kids magazine. And if it was a good company.