Honored Contributor

Two rear olds so busy and no fear

My friends granddaughter is a spitfire.I was in charge of watching her on the trampoline the other day and found myself so stressed out trying to keep her safe that I told her I was sweating.She stopped jumping and came to put her hand on my shoulder and in the sweetest most concerned voice said”do you need a diaper?”I guess she thought I said wetting LOL.I think at my age all activities with a two year old should be indoors and low to the floor.I did have fun and enjoyed her though I was emotionally done after that hour.

Honored Contributor

Re: Two rear olds so busy and no fear

@dex wrote:

My friends granddaughter is a spitfire.I was in charge of watching her on the trampoline the other day and found myself so stressed out trying to keep her safe that I told her I was sweating.She stopped jumping and came to put her hand on my shoulder and in the sweetest most concerned voice said”do you need a diaper?”I guess she thought I said wetting LOL.I think at my age all activities with a two year old should be indoors and low to the floor.I did have fun and enjoyed her though I was emotionally done after that hour.

I’m a worrier too. At times I wonder how my parents raised four kids. We don’t have grandkids but when we watch our 3-1/2 yr old great nephew, my radar is on high alert until he goes back home. 

Trusted Contributor

Toddlers are full of energy however I feel when it isn't your child your alert is actually higher.  I have 4 btw ages of 8-13.  My mother in law is constantly checking to see where they are even if I am with her.  I am the same way when I have one of my kids friends with us.

We are watching my kids swim meet last night and she was constantly checking and worried when she couldn't see my 8 year old daughter.  As the parent I realize that she is safe when she is with her swim team under the supervision of coaches and hanging out with her friends.

Valued Contributor

@dex Honey do not feel bad about how active the angels are.  I can't watch one DS's 2 and 4 year old without having "a tag team" to help me out.  Even my older son wears out trying to keep up with them.   WHY did they not have children when I was YOUNG?   I am with you, I play inside and get on the floor with them.  No way I would survive otherwise.   

Honored Contributor

My son and DIL have a 2 month old boy and almost-2 year old twins (boy and girl). The twins are so much fun at this age and I love to play with them. They have their own language only they understand and it's great to watch.  They are wonderful little people and I miss them since they live so far away.  The baby loves to snuggle so that's my down time when with the kids.  They love to be read to so I have them pull out a book every so often too.   I love them dearly and am exhausted after spending time with them.  

Honored Contributor

Sorry but had to laugh at the subject. Two Rear Olds lol.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

More power to all of you who have the stamina and patience to care for little ones.   I just don’t.   

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugslol...told ya I was done in.It is funny though and my DH wants to know why I am laughing. 

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

That made me laugh!!! I don't have grandkids, so I really like these little kid stories!!! Aren't they cute!! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't have grand kids either, but I would never take the responsibility for a 2 year olds safety on a trampoline. I watched my son like a hawk when he was little and would never let him on a trampoline at 2. My best friend watched my son one time at that age and she could not wait to tell me how much fun he had on the riding lawn mower with her husband. That was the last time I asked her to baby sit my son.