Esteemed Contributor

@Duckncover 

I stopped handing out treats when young mothers started showing up at the door holding out their treats bag and expecting me to drop in handfuls of candy, supposidly for their nursing-age infants, which they carried.

The grabby foot stomping entitlement?

Oh yeah...I've seen it.

Honored Contributor

I wish I would have had some trick or treaters! We moved into our newe home late May, so this was our 1st Halloween here, and this is aneighborhood with a lot of kids, and I was ready with two huge bowls of candy, and no one came! I was so shocked, I kept looking up and down the street, we live on a cul de sac, and I didn't see any kids.

I did find out later that between our local zoo having a big thing going on and our local mall passing out candy, and most kids had parties at school as well.

I was so dissappointed! I was looking forward to seeing all of the cute kids!

Honored Contributor

We did our usual Halloween get together with neighbors on my cul-de-sac.  We set up a few tables with lights, candy, (coffee this time) & drinks in the middle of the street.  

We had a few groups of small kids and a few older ones.  I encouraged them all to take more than one from the bowls of candy that were set up on the tables.  All were very polite.

What I did notice is not one said, "trick or treat".