Trusted Contributor

Re: To Mothers Who Have Lost A Child

@joangreif wrote:

I have lost 2 sons.  My youngest at age 26 in 2006 and just recently in March, my oldest and only son at age 43. 

Oh, joangreif,  what heartache for you. I am so sorry. We can wonder and question "why"..... but, this side of heaven, we will never know. My son was 27 when I lost him. My heart goes out to you.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Trusted Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

This annual observance of "Mother's Day" can be a dreaded day when you have lost a child. It was 20 years ago for me, but, this day still brings much sadness. Actually, a lot of days do......birthdays, anniversary of his death, Christmas... and the list goes on. So many mothers and fathers have experienced this awful tragedy in their lives and as the years pass, it still never gets any easier. Thinking of all you mothers who, like me, are glad when this day is over.

It’s been 27 years but at times it seems like yesterday. She was 19. So I know how you feel. 

Valued Contributor

I, too, am glad Sunday is over, but now I must face the rest of the days ahead. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have never lost a child, so I cannot relate to the profound grief you must all feel.  Your posts are heartbreaking.  

I send my most sincere regrets to you all.

Sending love and light,

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

My heart goes out to all who have stories of heartache and loss.A server gave a carnation stem to restaurant customer on Sunday. A young woman handed the stem back, thanked the server and said, I gave birth, but I did not raise my child. Just one more reason not to assume on any special days. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal 

I cannot imagine the pain.  My heart breaks for you.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I have a work acquaintnce that lost her son...industrial accident....last week.

I don't even know what to say to her.  We only know each other thru a mutual business and I see her occasionally, but will be at the business tomorrow.  I sent a card and wrote a note to her but am so afraid that I will cry when I see her and I do not want to do that.  I just feel so bad for her, I just cannot imagine the pain.

Valued Contributor

I lost my youngest son at 34 yrs of age last year. He had type 1 diabetes, caught the flu and that was it.  I had lost my husband to Alzheimers in 2016.  Thankfully, I have an older son who turns 39 today and a precious granddaughter who is 13.  Don't have much family left, but I am grateful for those that are still here.  Every single day I miss my son and husband, but I will see them again because they were born again Christians, as are myself and other family. It's a great comfort. In the meantime, I treasure my son and granddaughter.  My heart goes out to the two posters who have lost two children. Oh my, how hard it is.Heart  

Honored Contributor

@chihuahuamom so sorry for your loss.

Valued Contributor

Thank you.Heart