Trusted Contributor

To Mothers Who Have Lost A Child

This annual observance of "Mother's Day" can be a dreaded day when you have lost a child. It was 20 years ago for me, but, this day still brings much sadness. Actually, a lot of days do......birthdays, anniversary of his death, Christmas... and the list goes on. So many mothers and fathers have experienced this awful tragedy in their lives and as the years pass, it still never gets any easier. Thinking of all you mothers who, like me, are glad when this day is over.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: To Mothers Who Have Lost A Child

@Sapphiregal wrote:

This annual observance of "Mother's Day" can be a dreaded day when you have lost a child. It was 20 years ago for me, but, this day still brings much sadness. Actually, a lot of days do......birthdays, anniversary of his death, Christmas... and the list goes on. So many mothers and fathers have experienced this awful tragedy in their lives and as the years pass, it still never gets any easier. Thinking of all you mothers who, like me, are glad when this day is over.

@Sapphiregal  .. So sorry for your loss.  My heart goes out to you.    No parent should ever have to bury a child.  

Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal, blessings to you dear lady. There are no words I can offer to ease such a terrible pain. I have friends who have lost children and it was hard to find a way to comfort them other than listening and being there for them.

Respected Contributor

@Sapphiregal ~ My condolences to you dear lady.  My heart goes out to all who have experienced this profound loss (((((((💕)))))))

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sapphiregal , Thank you, each and every day, i think of shane my son,  my heart still breaks every day, i feel it always will.He has been gone since 1998.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
New Contributor

I have lost 2 sons.  My youngest at age 26 in 2006 and just recently in March, my oldest and only son at age 43. 

Honored Contributor

@joangreif wrote:

I have lost 2 sons.  My youngest at age 26 in 2006 and just recently in March, my oldest and only son at age 43. 

So very sorry.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

@joangreif I too have lost two sons, one at age 19 and one at 28.  

Respected Contributor

My heart goes out to all of you who have lost a child.

My father died when I was 15 and my brother when I was 34. My brother fortunately was able to walk me down the aisle when I got married.

Even though it has been 50 years I still tear up when I see a father walk his daughter down the aisle.

Some loss you just endure I guess because there is no other choice. Blessings to all of you. I am glad this day is almost over for you.

Respected Contributor

While we all are different, I actually love Mother’s Day because all my adult children and grandchildren spend the afternoon with me. Today, we grilled food at home  and totally enjoyed it.

My child died 34 years ago at three months old. It was just something that my husband and I had to endure and we came through it with the love of family and friends. I went on to have three more children and while I always keep my son in my heart, my other children have made my life wonderful.  I also understand losing a child as an infant and losing an older child is a different type of grief, so my heart is with all of you who have experienced this loss.