Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT,

Allergies at an all time high, especially the trees, mold and flower pollen.

Soon the summer will be here...tree leaves out, flowers have boomed, but the cut grasses fly everyday everywhere. So keep your windows closed tightly.

I know that these allergens are so cruel when allergic, often the situation does go in to a bronchitis that can or may lead to ( horribleness) a spring\ summer cold.

Hoping that your home has state of the art air filtration. We have one full system and several small units for bedrooms.

Our cars were covered with green pollen for days, so guess what you are breathing, also!........!?

Hope soon we will have private confidential feed back- soon.

Hellos to be all. Hellos to all those out there reading. NO, I will not be victim to yet another sing along.

Also, I have been gone! News Flash!

NAES with who is there?

_^^^^^^^^^^^^____________________________________________________Woman Happy Reply above!^

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Thank you, my dear @NAES1

I have been quite sick with allergies, that settled in my chest.  Both my DD, DS, and DH have also been sick.  A bad time for allergies in CT.  Took a lot of meds and finally doing much better today.  I never, ever get sick.  

No surprise for lack of mention there.  Yes, CT was in the news.  DH and I fit the stereotype of northeastern liberals.  We read newspapers, Google for details, and watch many news shows.  I have had to cut down on the shows.  I do pray for the future of our country, as I am sure many people do.

Hoping all stays well with you!  Oh, despite being sick, I did go and vote.

@Blessings to you, my dear friend @NAES1.

Pam

Pamela

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Elderly

[ Edited ]

@Juniebugz wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

I have been quite sick with allergies, that settled in my chest.  Both my DD, DS, and DH have also been sick.  A bad time for allergies in CT.  Took a lot of meds and finally doing much better today.  I never, ever get sick.  

No surprise for lack of mention there.  Yes, CT was in the news.  DH and I fit the stereotype of northeastern liberals.  We read newspapers, Google for details, and watch many news shows.  I have had to cut down on the shows.  I do pray for the future of our country, as I am sure many people do.

Pam

With all due respect @PamfromCT (and @NAES1) they have reached out to you "there." I posted on that thread when a conversation moved there from another thread and it's a group of nice posters. Not that you have to post "there" just saying they did mention you several times. (maybe you didn't review Notifications?) Also if they worry about you they can click on your name and see your posts here and on any thread. Everything posted here on every thread is open for all readers, and we all are allowed to read or post anywhere we want, remember. Smiley Happy  Hope you feel better soon, prayers for your SIL and you.

Hello and thank you for your caring post.  No, I did not click on Notifications at all for days.  I was physically sick with allergy problems that went from my head to chest and woozy at times from all the meds I had to take.  I know there were some immediate responses to my prayer requests, but I don't think anyone understood why I was so distressed when a moderator decided to move a prayer request to the Community forum and another moderator communicated something that the Community forum was the place for prayer requests.  A few took this seriously.  I did challenge this immediately, citing something in the past that had happened and still troubles me.  I did post the fact that I was very troubled by lack of responses to this issue and was very hurt.  I have always tried to be there for others when needed.  So then the conversations went on and on regarding other things, talking about what was for dinner, etc.  Hardly makes a person feel recognized for their worry on their shoulder and then hurt.

So, the next day I went to be of service to someone else I love.  A great day, she was so happy, and I was truly embarrassed by all the attention I got.  

Then I got sick.  My DH was. Or nearly as sick as me, thankfully.  But my DD and DS were just as sick, if not sicker.

Allergy season in CT can be a bear.  Lots of business for doc's.

@In any case, to you (who cares enough to post) and my dear friend @NAES1, I am feeling much better, haved moved on, have my priorities straight, and am waiting and praying on our Lord, the Great Physician.  

My issue:  My DD and son-in-law were married in June 2014.  Both well into their 40s, never married before.  Later that fall, he started to develop headaches, strange numbness in his mouth, etc.  Went through enough with his doc, then referred to Y--- for further diagnosis. Doc there made an off the cuff remark that there certainly was a mass at the bottom of his brain that looked like it might be an X. When we researched X, it was a fatal brain tumor.  Meanwhile, the team of doc's there could not agree best approach to get a tissue sample from mass.  This went on and on, and finally SIL, us, and his family decided it was time to move on.

He contacted Mass General, sent all records and test results, and got an immediate response for an appointment.  Met with neurosurgeon, who stated mass did not look like X to him.  they moved fast - scheduled him for surgery for biopsy.  We all stayed in Boston, at a hotel close to Mass General.  Neurosurgeon and oral surgeon performed procedure, going through his nose, drilling through bone at top of his mouth, to reach the spot.  Then a biopsy.  We all waited for five and a half long hours.  Mass was benign and brought down and eliminated through drug therapy.  His check-ups were great.

Mass General is wonderful, and his doc was superb.

Fast forward to now. Having headaches and worried enough to schedule an MRI at MG.  We are awaiting results.  sorry for all this verbiage, but it may underscore how much worry can affect a person.

In any case, he is in God's hands.  He does have a responsible position at a company, and that just does not stop.  We love him as another son, and he is a fine man.

It will likely take me some time to backtrack through all this stuff.  I need time to think, pray, and be in The Quiet.  For our dear second son.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do understand that everyone can read every posting.  Thank heaven I do understand that.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

Pam

With all due respect @PamfromCT (and @NAES1) they have reached out to you "there." I posted on that thread when a conversation moved there from another thread and it's a group of nice posters. Not that you have to post "there" just saying they did mention you several times. (maybe you didn't review Notifications?) Also if they worry about you they can click on your name and see your posts here and on any thread. Everything posted here on every thread is open for all readers, and we all are allowed to read or post anywhere we want, remember. Smiley Happy  Hope you feel better soon, prayers for your SIL and you.

Hello and thank you for your caring post.  No, I did not click on Notifications at all for days.  I was physically sick with allergy problems that went from my head to chest and woozy at times from all the meds I had to take.  I know there were some immediate responses to my prayer requests, but I don't think anyone understood why I was so distressed when a moderator decided to move a prayer request to the Community forum and another moderator communicated something that the Community forum was the place for prayer requests.  A few took this seriously.  I did challenge this immediately, citing something in the past that had happened and still troubles me.  I did post the fact that I was very troubled by lack of responses to this issue and was very hurt.  I have always tried to be there for others when needed.  So then the conversations went on and on regarding other things, talking about what was for dinner, etc.  Hardly makes a person feel recognized for their worry on their shoulder and then hurt.

So, the next day I went to be of service to someone else I love.  A great day, she was so happy, and I was truly embarrassed by all the attention I got.  

Then I got sick.  My DH was. Or nearly as sick as me, thankfully.  But my DD and DS were just as sick, if not sicker.

Allergy season in CT can be a bear.  Lots of business for doc's.

@In any case, to you (who cares enough to post) and my dear friend @NAES1, I am feeling much better, haved moved on, have my priorities straight, and am waiting and praying on our Lord, the Great Physician.  

My issue:  My DD and son-in-law were married in June 2014.  Both well into their 40s, never married before.  Later that fall, he started to develop headaches, strange numbness in his mouth, etc.  Went through enough with his doc, then referred to Y--- for further diagnosis. Doc there made an off the cuff remark that there certainly was a mass at the bottom of his brain that looked like it might be an X. When we researched X, it was a fatal brain tumor.  Meanwhile, the team of doc's there could not agree best approach to get a tissue sample from mass.  This went on and on, and finally SIL, us, and his family decided it was time to move on.

He contacted Mass General, sent all records and test results, and got an immediate response for an appointment.  Met with neurosurgeon, who stated mass did not look like X to him.  they moved fast - scheduled him for surgery for biopsy.  We all stayed in Boston, at a hotel close to Mass General.  Neurosurgeon and oral surgeon performed procedure, going through his nose, drilling through bone at top of his mouth, to reach the spot.  Then a biopsy.  We all waited for five and a half long hours.  Mass was benign and brought down and eliminated through drug therapy.  His check-ups were great.

Mass General is wonderful, and his doc was superb.

Fast forward to now. Having headaches and worried enough to schedule an MRI at MG.  We are awaiting results.  sorry for all this verbiage, but it may underscore how much worry can affect a person.

In any case, he is in God's hands.  He does have a responsible position at a company, and that just does not stop.  We love him as another son, and he is a fine man.

It will likely take me some time to backtrack through all this stuff.  I need time to think, pray, and be in The Quiet.  For our dear second son.

@PamfromCT,   I posted to you several times on the "Mr. Lucky" thread, as did many others, and I hate that you're unaware of this since you never returned to the thread.    (@Juniebugz is correct, when we worry about someone we look for updates across all the forums in hopes things are okay.   I've been doing that, posting to you, etc., and worrying.)     I was worried about both of you...  I "hearted" posts both you and @NAES1 shared...   but I was very, very hesitant about what seems to be (wrongly) perceived as "following" someone from one forum/thread to another.    But when I checked today and saw you posted an update, and also that things are still so difficult, I really needed to at least try to tell you people do care deeply.❤️   I won't bother you further with any of this, and perhaps it can be set aside with understanding and forgiveness.Heart

I'm sorry you feel you can't share with us, but I'll continue to pray for you and your son-in-law, as I said there.   I didn't know the backstory, and my heart breaks for you and your loved ones.   Please know you are in the hearts and minds of many posters (and, I'm sure, countless people in your real life), even when we're dreadfully inept in our online posts and when we human beings don't always convey in words what we feel in our hearts.    May God be with you and your family.❤️

"The nicest place to be is in someone's thoughts.
The safest place to be is in someone's prayers.
And the best place to be is in God's hands.

You're in all three."  (source unknown)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Hey @NAES, Nothing in my house is state of the art.  Especially me.  Through this, DH wanted to plan a vacation.  I agreed, providing travel insurance obtained would provide we could cancel at any time, for any reason.  Will not tell anyone in the family now.  He went to our travel agent, came home with info, and we are booked for a tour of Scandanavia.  Including an overnight in St. Petersburg.  Yes, we are museum nuts.  Likely just plain nuts.  Headline could read "Connecticut Woman Arrested by KGB for Nefarious and Rude Comments."

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT.....

GOT It, understanding 100%. You do not have to go on any guilt trip whence.....

You have been under an insurmountable heavy troubled stress load, your entire immunity went so low, your body was defunct- Period!

There is _______NO WAY that a lay person______ could relay or 2nd guess to what I just read.

Please remember the numbers.

Later!

The headaches, the side effects IS normalcy for what involved. A week can do patient 70% relief.

I will go back- study every word, procedures, then find you again. 

Dear God in heaven ` no wonder you were so indifferent`.

People are people so let this lie. You definitely require total uncomplicated stress and strict QUIET.

Do not rehash this old boring negatively stuff. Go and Leave..let it Go!

[[ *What's for dinner....that's a real piece of concern*. FORGET IT!. ]]

Do not forget: if you need anything, let me know. I will be here waiting while listening for updated prognosis. Love your sweet kindness with eternal bliss. 

" what a story to have just heard". 

Praying for a very positive feedback without any interference. B.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

With all due respect @PamfromCT if you don't check your notifications then it's pretty bad and unfair to say people have ignored you when you don't even know if they did or not. Some insight: when I posted on the other thread another discussion had been carried over there. Then all the controversy started and posts deleted, feelings hurt etc. Then posters on another thread said they didn't like prayers on "that thread" and thought the thread should be moved to Among Friends, etc etc. Posters wanted to stop the controversy on the long time thread so they tried to move fast to light topicx. Look carefully and you'll see who's really ignoring who. Smiley Wink Hope that makes sense. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I do understand that everyone can read every posting.  Thank heaven I do understand that.  

YES, and thank heaven I do, also.

^

@PamfromCT.

Valued Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

YES, and thank heaven I do, also.

^

@PamfromCT.

Lol! Everybody knows that.

Carrying a big ol grudge around says a lot about the grudge carrier btw. Something to think on. Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Juniebugz wrote:

With all due respect @PamfromCT if you don't check your notificaStions then it's pretty bad and unfair to say people have ignored you when you don't even know if they did or not. Some insight: when I posted on the other thread another discussion had been carried over there. Then all the controversy started and posts deleted, feelings hurt etc. Then posters on another thread said they didn't like prayers on "that thread" and thought the thread should be moved to Among Friends, etc etc. Posters wanted to stop the controversy on the long time thread so they tried to move fast to light topicx. Look carefully and you'll see who's really ignoring who. Smiley Wink Hope that makes sense. Smiley Happy

With all due respect, Juniebugz, I was referring to the date when all this stuff initially went on on the Showmes thread.  After I stated I was upset, the conversation just went on and on like nothing happened.  That was it.

@And with all due respect, Juniebugz, who exactly are you?  And how do you fit into this equation?  Our friend @DBDoo comes here trying to make peace and understanding.  And after reading what I am going through at this time, I guess somehow finding grounds to attack me personally feeds a lot of anger in you.  I am not responsible for any controversies in any other threads.  Somehow, somewhere, I feel like I am caught in a time warp.  Days of old when children felt good attacking other children.  I would hope you can find better use of your time than personally attacking me.  

That is all.  I am done.