Respected Contributor

Well.....anyone else get that today BESIDES ME! 😓😓😓

Daughter lives near by 35 yrs old, married just had her open house from her new home last night so I was there. I'm kinda crushed....this is my first without my late Mom, she has no children. No card, no flowers no NOTHING just a text and a Facebook post. I had NEVER done this to my Mom, it just wasn't thought of.

opinions? Maybe she thought because I was at the open house for a couple of hours, that was ok then?  Bummer

Honored Contributor

Re: ? Text HAPPY MOTHERS DAY ?

Well my kid still lives at home, so... But I did get a text HMD from my BFF. And I was very happy he ever bothered since I'm not his mama. But he's caring like that. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

More than I got, not a text, phone call, email, nothing, feeling a bit depressed today!

Honored Contributor

I think kids who are so thoughtless on Mother's Day aren't very thoughtful and considerate  in general.  They never have been, they were so involved with themselves that the day gets away from them.  They do love you and I think a week ago, they had good intentions but other things  just crowded it out.  I would have been heartbroken but I cannot even envision my girls being that thoughtless.  We're a family who actually talks to each other and if something like that did happen, it would have been a once in a lifetime thing because this mother would have been all over the inconsiderate, selfish brat. They can still be brats at 30...lol    We actually celebrated the day at our house yesterday and the girls gave me their gifts and cards but they texted me this morning and both sent me pictures of the babies and their own celebrations. 

Esteemed Contributor

I talked to my Mom via Face Time, and sent her photos via e-mail, and she was happy.  We had a good chat, along with DH.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

@Mustang Shar, I am so very sorry that happened to you.  Perhaps your daughter did think that because she saw you yesterday, that perhaps that somehow let her think that you celebrated the day then.  Doesn't make sense to me.  Hopefully, she shows you how important that you are to her on other occasions and that this was just a fluke of a daugher who wasn't thinking.  Again I'm sorry that you didn't have a card, a present, or flowers.  HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY. 

@CareBears, HAPPY MOTHER's DAY!

Honored Contributor

Pure tackiness and heartless. If someone can text she can certainly dial a number and say Happy Mother's Day. What selfishness!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@susan kay Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Oh MY! I needed this post today & I apologize for this LONG rant (setting the scene)....I am only child, & my mom passed away last yr, This is my 2nd MD with her. My DIL-(stepmother to MY g-kids) & I had a slight disagreement this wk.(about what all I do for g-kids, with no respect or tks for doing it). She had already invited me to her family "get together" for today. Of course, IF I wanted to see my son, I would have to go. I was also with them last night & she seemed fine & very pleasant to me. Today, we had a nice lunch at a country club (not my style), but I went. They picked me up & handed me a card when I got in the car. My son had signed it, no names from kids or hers. THEN she had gifts for HER mom & g-mother in the car. When they opened the gifts, she had signed her name, my son & the kids names. Then we had sporting even after lunch & a visit to their house. My g-kids bring her a card to the game, which she did not even attend today. They did not bring me a card, or say a word to me. Mind y'all, this DIL works, but does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the house, no cooking, no cleaning & VERY little for the kids. I feel like I am on call 24/7 for those kids. I am running them here & there for something several days a wk. I am HURT, but also mad at myself for keeping on doing things I am not appreciated for. She stops at her family's home on the way home from work & gets home about an hr before bedtime. This is what started our disagreement. I mentioned they both need to spend more time with the kids, instead of getting home at bedtime. I am still furious over the whole mess. I have probably imagined, in my head, it to be worse that it really is. Evidently she did not tell my son, or he would have mentioned to today, as we were alone part of the day. I TRY to bite my tongue, to prevent a huge family blow up, but my tongue is almost gone,lol... Rant over. 

Super Contributor

Yep, I got a text too from my son. How hard is it to call and just say Happy Mothers Day and then if your busy, your busy and that is ok by me, but geez, it would be so nice if they would just take a minute and call so we could hear their voices instead of looking at a text.