Respected Contributor

Re: Teenage Girl Make-up Ideas

An eyeshadow palette.  I would have died and gone to heaven if I had gotten one when I was 16.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

Another thought - I wouldn't bother with 'high end' brands but I do suggest getting things from recognizable ones (ie e.l.f., cover girl, maybelline, loreal, etc).

Trusted Contributor

I don’t know the girl or her parents - just that she’d 15. It’s for a girl from a”giving tree”. I think buying her makeup or a gift card for makeup will be okay.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks again Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tommie1965  Every teenage girl loves makeup.  If you can afford it, this is what I would do.  Get a complete skin care set, a makeup kit, gift card from Sephora or Ulta, and a pretty cosmetic bag.  That way, she has something to really open and can start using some of it that day.

When I first started using skin care products, I used Merle Norman.  What is most important about that is not the brand, but just the start of using and practicing good skin care.  I purchased my own, but it would have been wonderful for someone to have gifted me a set.  Start with It or Philosophy, just as a thought.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I have a soft spot for girls, and wonder if she would like to have a special, wrapped just for her, present on that day too.  More of a treat?  Maybe more widely used like mascara or lip gloss?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tommie1965  - While a gift card is practical and nice, I think she would be thrilled to open a present and have the makeup in her hands instead of having to order it online or have someone drive her to the store.

I suggest getting her an eyeshadow palette, mascara and lip gloss.  You can get a lot of bang for your buck getting Cover Girl of Elf.  I really believe this is the way to go.

Trusted Contributor

I’m definitely getting some things she can unwrap and have fun with right away. Just have to choose what I want to buy. I’ll probably go a little overboard spending-wise, but that’s ok Smiley Happy I’ll post what I decide to get. I appreciate all the good ideas!
Super Contributor

Hi, My teen granddaughters like a brand called Milk.  I'm not familiar with it but that's what they asked for.  Sephora carries it.  Also, Morphe is a fave.  Morphe has a few brick and mortar stores or order online. They tend to be moderately priced and sometimes have good sales.  Maybe a couple of Morphe brushes and a matching product:  eye shadow / eye shadow brush.  Mascara is usually a hit.

Respected Contributor

Party Pack, , large@Tommie1965 Here is nice lip balm set. I do know that young girls like this brand. I have bought different products from this brand and have been pleased. I buy from their website.