Trusted Contributor
Hi! I am need to buy a couple of Christmas gifts for a 15 year old girl and she wants some make-up. I don’t have daughters or know any girls that age. I’d love some ideas. I’d like to buy something nice because I don’t think she will receive many other presents. Maybe Urban Decay? I’d love any good ideas from ladies who know or have teenage girls who love make up. Thank you so much for any help😊

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Teenage Girl Make-up Ideas

A-391936...bought this for my two teenaged granddaughters!

Valued Contributor

A gift card from Ulta. That way she can choose her own colors, shades, etc.
Valued Contributor

If you want to give her a gift to open as well, maybe you can get a nice, cute cosmetic bag to go with gift card.
Respected Contributor

A gift card to Sephora. Half the fun of makeup is choosing what to buy.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you everyone for the ideas - I appreciate them and your taking the time to respond😊
Regular Contributor

@Tommie1965 wrote:
Hi! I am need to buy a couple of Christmas gifts for a 15 year old girl and she wants some make-up. I don’t have daughters or know any girls that age. I’d love some ideas. I’d like to buy something nice because I don’t think she will receive many other presents. Maybe Urban Decay? I’d love any good ideas from ladies who know or have teenage girls who love make up. Thank you so much for any help😊

My 14 year old granddaughter asked for a gift card from Ulta. I got 2 $25 plus and extra $5 card at Sams for around $48.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I was about that age, my older sister gave me a lipgloss palette and I loved it. You can get palettes of lipgloss, eyeshadows, etc without spending too much. This option would give her a variety of colors and would last a while.

qfrm - mkp.jpg

Respected Contributor

One other thought - Although gift cards are easy and lets the person choose what they want, there are a few reasons I wouldn't go that route (ie doesn't have a way to get to the store, etc). It might be best to include a gift receipt which gives her something to open and use right away but with the option to exchange it instead. 

Respected Contributor

@Tommie1965 wrote:

Does this girl's mother approve of her daughter wearing make-up? Call me old fashion.