Respected Contributor

Re: Teenage Girl Make-up Ideas

ULTA Beauty Box: Artist Edition Pink  #0@Tommie1965This isn't a good picture but you can check out Ulta for this Beauty Box. $19.00 on sale includes the train case. And I too, would check with her Mother if it is ok for her to wear make-up. That is why I thought the lip balm might be nice. I know this time of the year I see a lot of full make-up palettes. The train cases are really nice to organize your make-up.

Honored Contributor

I dont think you can buy makeup for other people.  You have no idea of what they want, the colors, their aesthetic.  I'd give her a gift card to Ulta or Sephora and let her have fun buying what she wants.

Honored Contributor

@mamaslittlepotato 

great idea, she could tuck the gift card into the makeup bag.

Honored Contributor

If you want something to wrap, give her LG’s Balance and Brighten and a gift card for Sephora or Ulta.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I gave my husband's teenage niece a cute makeup bag with age appropriate lip gloss, along with a gift card to Ulta.  That way it was a fun trip for her and her mom, and mom could make sure she didn't choose something to over the top.

Respected Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

@Tommie1965 wrote:
Hi! I am need to buy a couple of Christmas gifts for a 15 year old girl and she wants some make-up. I don’t have daughters or know any girls that age. I’d love some ideas. I’d like to buy something nice because I don’t think she will receive many other presents. Maybe Urban Decay? I’d love any good ideas from ladies who know or have teenage girls who love make up. Thank you so much for any help😊

Does this girl's mother approve of her daughter wearing make-up? Call me old fashion.

I don't think 15 is too young to start using makeup. I think the important part it that she learns too use it correctly. Possible a lesson or two would be a good present too.