Honored Contributor

There are so many kids who need responsible adults to come to their rescue, thank you for being one.

Honored Contributor

We cared for a couple of our sons friends over the teen years.It was a great experience.They so appreciated the attention and they made me feel happy to help.I have to say that they went out of their way to be no trouble...cleaned up after themselves,ate without complaint and followed my rules.They were easy to have around.I would do it again....they call me mom.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope and pray it all turns out well for everyone.  You are taking a lot on yourself and again I hope the young lady appreciates it to the point that your fammily life will not be disrupted.  Lots of luck, you are a very caring person.

@JB116 wrote:

Hi fellow Moms,

Last night I took in my son's best friend. I'm SO happy to do this for her and for her Mom as well. (this is ALL legal as I wouldn't do it any other way, which is why it took a while to get done)

They did not have a good relationship in any way and her Mom has to think of her other kids and the strain this whole situation has put on them all. It's been a real hard time. She's run away before just to get out of that house.

She'll be with us until she starts college in the fall and I would really appreciate prayers and good thoughts to be able to make it through this difficult time (for her more than me).

Thank you.

JB

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Bless you and prayers sent. Wondering if she has a father in the picture?

Regular Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

Bless you and prayers sent. Wondering if she has a father in the picture?

No she doesn't. Her biological father was never in her life and her step-father was abusive.

I am happy to report though that things are going real well so far. She had a part-time job after school 3 days/week and once school is out in June she's planning to get another job as well so she can save for college.

What HAS been hard though is trying to get important things like her SS card and her birth certificate. Her mother is holding them basically hostage and she said she will NEVER give them to her. She even threatened to burn them just to spiter her daughter.

I've tried to open a bank acocunt for her but without her SS card, my bank won't do it. So basically what we are going to have to do is to just apply for all new ones when she turns 18 (which is soon). It's really been difficult because her mother really is a PITA.

Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like she really needs a stable and loving family. She is lucky to have you