Trusted Contributor

Re: TEXTING WITH GRANDDAUGHTER

[ Edited ]

The years seem to be going by too fast..it is sometimes breathtaking. The preemie twins we held and tube-fed for months in the NICU...seems like a month ago....graduated from HS last week...how is that possible? I savor every moment. When one of them sends a text with hearts on it, I am a happy grandma.

Honored Contributor

I am so blessed since gd was about 3 everyday her dad set up Skype and we ate lunch together then read a short story.

Fast forward, she's 11 now and every morning she sends me a video chat wishing me a nice day & misses me ...ends it with talk to you later I love you.

We video chat every night after school even if just a few minutes.  If she has plans she will text me and call me later (god forbid i'm not home she tracks me down😳).

At her age for sure I am blessed she still makes the time to call me!  

Esteemed Contributor

Shanus, your post really resonated with me. Last week I became a great-grandmother. It really does seem like my grandson was born just a few years ago. Suddenly he's married and is a dad. Where did the years go?

Valued Contributor

Just thinking that this weekend.  Although family only lives an hour away they spent the weekend to celebrate DH's birthday.  The oldest came early in the day Saturday with her dad and drove him in her "new" car.  We went to church in two cars and she drove me home.  The youngest at 11 graduated to sleeping by herself in the guest room (she has always been unsure about sleeping in a different house by herself) and deemed it her room and her bath  after all these years!  I just can't imagine my oldest gd will be heading off to college in another year. The three of us enjoy each others company and have so much fun when we are together. 

Esteemed Contributor

My niece is 11. She is always texting grandma. It’s really sweet. Treasure it. My mom was the grandkids caregiver at ten weeks when her mom went back to work. So they have a close relationship. My mom always says she didn’t stay a baby very long.