Honored Contributor

Tshirts to a favorite sports team, carry bags for electronics, screen wipes, extra charging cables or stands for electronics or digital watches, etc.  

Ask their dad!  

Respected Contributor

Anything to do with their IPhone....if they have airpods, then airpods hooks, cell phone card holder, gift certificates for Chick Fil A or someplace they frequent, Amazon gift cards are popular

Trusted Contributor

I have to ask why you are getting your grandchildren stockings????  My MIL does this too and we tell her every year not to do it.  She fills them with candy and toiletry items.

As a mom of teen boys they love Axe or Old Spice Body spray, candy and money.  

Valued Contributor

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Still thinking but they help a lot! I got them all puzzle boxes and they will be very happy with the money inside. 

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

I have to ask why you are getting your grandchildren stockings????  My MIL does this too and we tell her every year not to do it.  She fills them with candy and toiletry items.

@mimomof4 - it must be a certain age that does this or it's something from childhood ?  My husband believes that EVERYONE should get stocking stuffers.  

No, just no - you could nickel and dime yourself to death with stocking stuffers for everyone.

Trusted Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@mimomof4 wrote:

@mimomof4 - it must be a certain age that does this or it's something from childhood ?  My husband believes that EVERYONE should get stocking stuffers.  

No, just no - you could nickel and dime yourself to death with stocking stuffers for everyone.

Sooo True on the cost.  Even though my MIL typically goes to the Dollar store for stocking items we figure she spends over $100 on those items by the time she purchases for 9 grandchildren.  The kids are ages 10-21 so they don't need stockings from anyone other than a parent.

Valued Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

FYI..... Be careful with Old Spice , all three of my sons were allergic to it. However they all loved Axe and Crew men's products.

Regular Contributor

@Sooner   Been doing this for many years....teenagers want gift cards and $.  Use to give gift cards for the movie theaters, but not this year. XBox is a big one and Starbucks, too for the older teens.  I ask in November each year for 3 wishes. Coordinate w/parents and this works. Been doing this since all were tiny...We have 6 ranging in age from 22-8 years of age and 3 newly adopted this year grandchildren...5, 4, and 2.  We are blessed.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@mimomof4 wrote:

@CelticCrafter We figured out we were spending a lot and did quit (back in the last century--ha ha!).  But one aunt loved and kept at it so we all got excited about them, she loved it and no harm done!  

Honored Contributor

@DancinQueen wrote:

@Sooner   Been doing this for many years....teenagers want gift cards and $.  Use to give gift cards for the movie theaters, but not this year. XBox is a big one and Starbucks, too for the older teens.  I ask in November each year for 3 wishes. Coordinate w/parents and this works. Been doing this since all were tiny...We have 6 ranging in age from 22-8 years of age and 3 newly adopted this year grandchildren...5, 4, and 2.  We are blessed.

@DancinQueen With that many you must do a lot of dancin!  Lucky lady!  Have a blessed season!