Honored Contributor

Re: Still no answers for my daughter

Q4You:  I've heard similar complaints, and etc., etc.  Couldn't 'figure it out' for months,  sometimes years.  These folks didn't know one another, but there's a common 'thread' that runs throughout their symptoms.   

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Q4You:  I've heard similar complaints, and etc., etc.  Couldn't 'figure it out' for months,  sometimes years.  These folks didn't know one another, but there's a common 'thread' that runs throughout their symptoms.   

If a person has a dramatic reaction to the statins, that's one thing (and it can happen), but it can often be an insidious slow creeping evolution that happens and one day you realize just how weak you feel, how achy your muscles are and wonder... what the heck?

I consider myself lucky in that a friend of mine mentioned this to me and I started my own research~!!  Every single thing they described in my research was happening to me!  Many people are on the drugs for years and years, and don't make any connection between these symptoms and the drug they are taking which can affect the muscles badly.... and scarily..... the heart is a muscle!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QFU:  Yes, as a matter of fact, a few years ago, after we asked how he's doing, one of our occasional acquaintances mentioned the weakness in his legs, etc., etc.  We told him to mention it to his doc regarding his medication, etc.  

'Come to find out', when we saw him again several months later, he said that it turned out to be a reaction (side effect) to statin cholest. medication.  He said that he and his wife hadn't even thought about any type of connection/correlation.  He was back to normal, feeling fine again.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@hyacinth003 What an outrage.

Your daughter needs help.

I don't know how you stand it (or how she stands it).

Hope you find some help soon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Also: Three seperate (other) folks we know had problems with sensations in the head; sort of fingers walking across the top, etc.   Different meds, though.  Two choles., and one other, non related meds.  I don't know why, but some (underline 'some' and not all, of course)  regular docs don't correlate symptoms to meds.  'Coincidence' pops up.  Keeping in mind: secondhand info, word of mouth. 

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

If a person has a dramatic reaction to the statins, that's one thing (and it can happen), but it can often be an insidious slow creeping evolution that happens and one day you realize just how weak you feel, how achy your muscles are and wonder... what the heck?

I consider myself lucky in that a friend of mine mentioned this to me and I started my own research~!!  Every single thing they described in my research was happening to me!  Many people are on the drugs for years and years, and don't make any connection between these symptoms and the drug they are taking which can affect the muscles badly.... and scarily..... the heart is a muscle!

@Q4u

Statins and bisphosphonates are the worst meds one can take.  They make everything worse.  Don't know why they are still being prescribed.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Occasional Contributor

I haven't read all of your posts or the replies, but I have had many health issues that doctors had no answers for. I found a functional medicine doctor that has turned my health around. I found my physician who has functional medicine certification at www.functionalmedicine.org. Functional medicine has the philosophy that the body can heal itself if given all of the nuttrients and avoiding things that cause inflammation. Maybe this is an answer for her. They do extensive testing and see the body as a whole, not broken up into specialties. I wish her the best.