Honored Contributor

My son said my grandkids need some new stem toys.  This is a pretty broad range of toys and games.  

My grands are 4 and 2.  One of the 4 yr old twins is a girl, the other two are boys.  

What have you found to be good options for kids this age?  I am on a fixed income so I can't spend a ton of money.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

My son said my grandkids need some new stem toys.  This is a pretty broad range of toys and games.  

My grands are 4 and 2.  One of the 4 yr old twins is a girl, the other two are boys.  

What have you found to be good options for kids this age?  I am on a fixed income so I can't spend a ton of money.

Thanks!

ask him

2 yr olds need stem toys?  blocks and stuff like that

Honored Contributor

STEM = science, tech, engineering, and math.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr 

Thank you, I had no clue what "stem toys" were!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I would look for interesting construction type toys where they can use their imagination to build and create.  Whatever you decide to buy, please avoid buying electronic toys espeicially those with a screen.  Young children do not benefit from too much screen time even if it is from a so called educational toy. 

Respected Contributor

To me, those ages are about fostering creativity and imagination and it seems pretty early to focus on STEM. I do agree with the other poster though about construction/building type things. The other idea that comes to mind is a counting book (math) for the 2 yr old. 

Respected Contributor

I believe children learn through play.  Whatever they're playing with.  If it has to be specific to STEM I would consider blocks, puzzles, LEGOS, magnetic building blocks, tinker toys.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know anything about having kids or what they would or would not like but if you type in stem toys into Amazon a bunch come up.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ValuSkr 

Thank you, I had no clue what "stem toys" were!

@KingstonsMom   Neither did I!  I wondered if it was a new brand.

Valued Contributor

You can go to Amazon and search STEM toys then you can put in the age of the child.