Trusted Contributor

Spring has sprung!

[ Edited ]

I just want to say "good evening" to everyone. The weather here in Seattle is unusually beautiful for this time of year. Right now the sky is a pellucid blue with big, fluffy white clouds sailing overhead; my garden is growing lustility and I'm even able to tolerate -- for a few minutes --  the little dirt-colored bunnies that are attempting to eat my garden.

My old, arthritic call BooBoo is snoozing comfortably and is much too comfy (i.e., "lazy") to go chase the bunnies and other pests invading my yard. My flowers are so pretty and our neighbors--the best we've ever had--are trimming back the big hedge that separates our houses. My blood-red roses are bloomiing early this year, as are the irisis. A lot of them are coming up from where the squirrels planted them last year, as are my Stella Doro day lily.

I Don't bother to try to grow vegetables any more; squirrels and racoons and rabbits eat them so why bother? except for the blueberry hedge along my white picket fence .... I wish I could bake pies for all of you and send them to everyone.

Enjoy this beautiful time of year and TRY to ignore all the little pests. A doctor once told me not to wear any kind of scent outdoors; it attracts bees, wasps, etc.)

Night, everyone :-)

Esteemed Contributor

I would love to be visiting Seattle right now....Sounds lovely.

Honored Contributor

I wonder how many of you remember the old poem . . . 

“spring has sprung

the grass has rizz

i wonder where the birdies izz?”

I thought of that old poem the minute I saw your post title!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Today was beautiful. DH and I took a walk. Maybe go outside again?