Respected Contributor

Oh boy, that brings back memories. It's so hard when someone hurts your child! I'm a little different from the other posts I read. I don't see what harm it would do to ask her mom why the dad said/felt that way. My dgd is same age and has a boy for her best friend! She does have other friends, too, but he's her best.

I also suggest involving your son in other activities like scouts and sports. That way, if the girl does move on he'll probably notice it less. My heart goes out to you! I've been there big time. The only good news is my dd who is an adult doesn't remember any of it! Good luck!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

I suggest you go back and re-read message no. 3 on this thread...excellent advice!

Trusted Contributor

Wise to stay out of it.  Wish I had that sage advice as my daughter was growing up.  I encouraged her to make new friends in the club she was involved.  The "old friend" she had complained to her Mom who chastised me for "abandonment" of her "old friend" her daughter.  That was actually not the case, but, I digress.  I took my daughter to task and fast forward 5 years.  The "old friend" dumped her for more "moneyed, influential friends" at her new school.  My daughter was devastated.  So, wish I had kept my mouth shut.  I did her no favors.

Respected Contributor

Stay off of social media

Respected Contributor

Re: Son not invited

[ Edited ]

Has the mom invited other boys to these events that you read about on Social Media? Maybe the mom just wants her daughter to have "girls only" events at her age.

Personally, I wouldn't spend any time wondering about it. If it bothered me, I would just come right out and ask the mom...but that's just me. I would just say that I had observed that he isn't invited to the events I've read about on Social Media and was just wondering if all boys were excluded...or had yours done something to offend the mom.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli