Honored Contributor

Re: So worried about my daughter

@hyacinth003

I will send prayers and good thoughts for all of you.

This is very heartbreaking and scary news.❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003  So sorry to hear about your daughter's health issues. Please try to take care of yourself too. I will be thinking of you. 

Respected Contributor

i'm so sorry to be reading this and only wish to say that i pray for the best for your daughter and sending you a big hug.  i've no doubt that in the end things will work out. 

Regular Contributor

@hyacinth003

Have you tried calling Blue Cross Community Member Services 877 number for assistance?

I know things differ from state to state but The provider link should tell you if the Dr is accepting new patients, and snce it's medicaid related, all the doctors on the provider list should be accepting it since it's through that plan.

Hope your daughter is able to find care and treatment...

Esteemed Contributor

Dear Hyacinth,  It sure sounds like you are on the right track to get your daughter the top care she deserves.  You certainly are a great advocate for her.  I did get carried away with my post about my SIL, but the message I wanted to share is that you have to advocate for your own care and try to get to the best facility you can.  You have done this, and I am optimistic they will be able to help her. I give you a lot of credit for all you have done.  Remember, there are good outcomes out there.  Hugs to you and your daughter!

Respected Contributor

@marytoodles wrote:

@hyacinth003

Have you tried calling Blue Cross Community Member Services 877 number for assistance?

I know things differ from state to state but The provider link should tell you if the Dr is accepting new patients, and snce it's medicaid related, all the doctors on the provider list should be accepting it since it's through that plan.

Hope your daughter is able to find care and treatment...

Yes, I did call them.  They said they can't make doctors accept medicaid and that their list must not be updated!  The woman was kind and made some suggestions, but they really can't seem to help you.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

We took my daughter to the neurologist today.  Wow, took us 2 hours to get there.

The neurologist said she's not overly suspicious of MS.  She said her gait appears to her like someone who was guarding for pain.

She said that sometimes enough pain can make it feel like weakness.  She said that she could not rule out MS unless she had an MRI of the brain, and she wants one of the neck too.

So, next week, I will schedule the MRI's at the same facility, as the doctor wants to look at them herself.

We will see the 2nd rheumatologist next week and get the results of the gazillions of blood tests they did. 

As of now, we still have no answer to why she is in so much pain.  I am still so hoping it is not MS.  No young person should have to suffer like this.

Thank you all so much for your kind replies.  I will keep you updated!

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

I am very sorry to hear of these new health issues for your daughter, and sincerely hope there is a bit of encouraging news in this difficult process.   It has been my experience that when you are able to plow thru such a difficult process to get something done for someone you care about, you ultimately find others who can benefit from your newfound knowledge.   Sending prayers for better days ahead for your daughter, and your family.   

Honored Contributor

hyacinth003, my heart goes out to your dear daughter.  I cannot imagine how painful this has been for both of you.  As mothers we want only the best for our children.  We would do anything in our power to make their lives easier.  In my eyes you are a wonderful mother.

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

We took my daughter to the neurologist today.  Wow, took us 2 hours to get there.

The neurologist said she's not overly suspicious of MS.  She said her gait appears to her like someone who was guarding for pain.

She said that sometimes enough pain can make it feel like weakness.  She said that she could not rule out MS unless she had an MRI of the brain, and she wants one of the neck too.

So, next week, I will schedule the MRI's at the same facility, as the doctor wants to look at them herself.

We will see the 2nd rheumatologist next week and get the results of the gazillions of blood tests they did. 

As of now, we still have no answer to why she is in so much pain.  I am still so hoping it is not MS.  No young person should have to suffer like this.

Thank you all so much for your kind replies.  I will keep you updated!

Hyacinth

Thank you so much for updating us!  It sounds like they did quite a few tests, which is good!  The more tests, the more likely they will be able to pinpoint her diagnosis.  I'm glad she's going to have an MRI, as well.

You are a very bright and courageous lady!  Because of your persistence and hard work, your daughter will be well taken care of!  She is lucky to have you as her mother!!  Please take good care of you!  You're under tremendous stress and you must be very tired.  Try to eat well and get enough sleep!

Please let us know how things are going for you and your precious daughter!