Honored Contributor

Re: Sad about fertility ending

@Beautiful life  Late to the thread... I SO understand what you're saying/feeling. You're not alone. It hurts terrily sometimes.

Honored Contributor

I woudn't use the word sad for me. (when it happens) I just think of it as another chapter in the book of life.

Esteemed Contributor

I am 70. My children are 51 and soon-to-be 49.'i am pleased that I had no problem getting pregnant and no problem setting proportions.

Respected Contributor

You really think you want to deal with a teenager in your 60s?  Also those eggs are old and more likely to have defects.  

Trusted Contributor

My fertility ended in my 30's.  I have one beautiful 34 year old daughter, who was born when I was 24.  

Lots of issues, including undiagnosed hypothyroidism, and then a hysterectomy for a uterine prolapse at 34.  So, I never had any more.  

I went through a brief period of sadness, but was ok after that.  We now have two beautiful grandbabies.

With my history, I feel blessed that I carried one healthy pregnancy to full term.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

Some of us were never able to have a child at all. My fertility ended when I was 34 and had a second tubal pregnancy - but had never had a child. The OP should consider herself very fortunate to have the 2 children she had. 

Valued Contributor

HOW  SAD FOR YOU NOT WANTING CHILDREN THEY GIVE US SO MUCH LOVE 

Honored Contributor

@elizabethl123 wrote:

HOW  SAD FOR YOU NOT WANTING CHILDREN THEY GIVE US SO MUCH LOVE 

Why have kids if you don't really want them? Some are childfree by choice, others can't biologically have them.

Occasional Contributor

Exactly!! You should be thankful 

Honored Contributor

@Beautiful life wrote:

I am 50 years old. I am blessed with two children 19 and 8 

I wanted another baby, hoping that I would get pregnant for the last 4 years. When I turned 50 it became reality that there will be no more. I had a very hard time getting pregnant with my 8 year old but did naturally after 3 years of ttc. 

has as anyone felt sad over there fertility ending? I still have my period and am ovulating on a pretty regular cycle but I'm sure my eggs are just old.

I think it also has to do with seeing my babies grow up that I am sad. 

@Beautiful life

I'm sorry you're feeling that way, but you're clearly not done raising the kids you DO have, so why aren't you enjoying this period of your life?   Women shouldn't whine about having more children when they can still foster, or adopt ....  you don't have to give birth.    But, as another poster commented, do you REALLY want to have to deal with a teenager in your sixties?    Old eggs don't always produce the healthiest babies, so maybe you should consider that God gave you exactly what you were meant to have.   SMH