Super Contributor

I am 50 years old. I am blessed with two children 19 and 8 

I wanted another baby, hoping that I would get pregnant for the last 4 years. When I turned 50 it became reality that there will be no more. I had a very hard time getting pregnant with my 8 year old but did naturally after 3 years of ttc. 

has as anyone felt sad over there fertility ending? I still have my period and am ovulating on a pretty regular cycle but I'm sure my eggs are just old.

I think it also has to do with seeing my babies grow up that I am sad. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sad about fertility ending

Nope. Never had kids, never wanted them either. Glad to have all that mess, pain, done and over with. 

Honored Contributor

Consider adoption or becoming a foster parent.

My MIL fostered infants for eons.  She usually kept them for 2-3 yrs before they were either returned to their parents or adopted out.

She ended up adopting 2 of them.  They were siblings.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Nope. Never had kids, never wanted them either. Glad to have all that mess, pain, done and over with. 

Me too!

Respected Contributor

You are so blessed to have two children.  As a woman who never had a child, I have gone through some very difficult times dealing with it.  Luckily, I have a beautiful niece and she has two young sons who help fill that voild.  Be thankful for what you do have.           

Honored Contributor

I certainly feel wistful about it but as my kids get older I'm enjoying having more freedom.  Now, if someone left a baby on my doorstep I'd be thrilled but I'm okay with being done and becoming a grandmother at some point. 

Respected Contributor

I didn't want to have more children ... but yes, I did have a few pangs of regret...sense of loss... when the possibility was definitely gone.  In time those feelings passed.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, I think know how you feel.  I had three children by the time I was 25 and decided not to have any more, but when it was apparent that I couldn't have more children because of my age, I felt sad.

i loved being pregnant and having children.  I was sad to see my fertility go.

My mother had her monthly until she was 62.  She died soon after her menses was gone.  I feel sad about that too.

Respected Contributor

Not sad about fertility over... Just mad about horrific night flashes, and other meno burden.  Can't sleep without estrogen patch.  Started 5 yrs ago and  this might go on many more...  women just get no break...  at least there are estrogen patches!  I think about  what my poor grandmother must have gone thru-  😪

Trusted Contributor

I had two sons at age 25 and age 30.  I'm almost 70.  I didn't want any more than that.  I'm sad because I will never be a grandmother.  Our youngest son passed away from a rare form of cancer on 12/10/10 at age 33.  He was married without children.  Our oldest son age 44 just got engaged to a wonderful woman who is 47 and has a 13 yr old.  This will be his first marriage and of course they don't want any more children, which I completely understand.  If he were marrying a much younger woman that might be possible.  You should be happy to have 2 children.  If your oldest is 19 it may not be long before you'll be a grandmother!  Everyone I know loves being a grandma as they can spoil the child and send them home.