Contributor

SUNSCREEN Suggestions (nongreasy)

Been reading how the occurrence of two forms of skin cancer are on the rise (one by 200%) and wondered if I could get suggestions from posters here on a good sunscreen that is fragrance free and nongreasy?  I've read that it should be at least SPF30, but the

ones I've purchased over the years just seem to lay on the skin and when I'm out gardening, I just feel so yucky with it on.  Suggestions?

Respected Contributor

Re: SUNSCREEN Suggestions (nongreasy)

I like the Neutrogena one.  It isn't greasy at all, which is what I don't like about sunscreen generally.  I think they have a 75 and a 100 spf in that.  I usually use the 30 or 45, depending on what I'm doing.

Respected Contributor

Australian Gold Botanical Sunscreen SPF50  

It is non-greaasy (it even says so on the tube).  It feels good and smells good.  

Respected Contributor

Hawaiian Tropic Sheer has a nice feel - hth.

Honored Contributor

The one I've been using for years is at Target stores.  Called 'Up and Up Sport'.  Fragrance free, and not greasy.  It has an orange lid, I believe.  Could stand up on the lid, so the orange color might be on the bottom.  (It's in my car right now.) Anyway, make sure it's 'Sport' and it says in fine print on the front 'Fragrance free'. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

The best sunscreen I ever used is Supergoop, the Q sells it. It's a spray, smells great, is not greasy, is easy to reapply and is effective.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like this one;

sunscreen.jpg

It blocks both UVA and UVB rays.

It's a bit expensive ($26.99 on Amazon with Prime), but worth it, to me.

ETA: it was rated #1 in Consumer Reports for sunscreen.

Honored Contributor

I use the Neutrogena Ultrasheer Dry Touch in SPF 75 or 100. Been using it for as long as it's been out.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I use the Neutrogena Ultrasheer Dry Touch in SPF 75 or 100. Been using it for as long as it's been out.

Me, too. 

Respected Contributor

I use Neutrogena (specifically the one for faces).  I saw a commercial for Banana Boat and they've come out with a new product called "Dry."  I was going to check that out the next time I went to the store.