Respected Contributor

SIMPLY PAYBACK. so much fun today !!

Do you remember when your children were around 3 or 4, non stop, constant noise and just busy ? Well I had a little fun today and got a little payback. My grandson turned 3 today so I shopped for 2 hours to find just the right gift, wrapped it and took it to him but I did not let him open it until his mom (my daughter) got home from work.  I told his Dad what the gift was but wanted to wait for my daughter to get home so she could video my grandson opening his gift.( I was there to babysit so my son-in law could go to work) So when my daughter got home, we let him open the gift.  It was a HARMONICA !!!  The first thing she said was Mom ! why would you buy him something to make more noise ??   I  laughed so  hard, my grandson was blowing that thing constantly and laughing so hard, he loved it !  She just looked at me. Now That's what you call Payback !!  (Of course she laughed too) As I left for my home, she was saying "Im going to hide it when he goes to sleep !

Regular Contributor

Re: SIMPLY PAYBACK. so much fun today !!

Get him a drum set for Christmas!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, it sure gets funny.  We are Mimi and Opa to our GS (age 10) and GD (age 5).  Grandparents are allowed to spoil a bit on many levels.  LIke most parents, our son and DIL are very concerned with healthy eating.  But when kiddos stay with us, their favorite breakfast is Cocoa Puffs, loving how the milk even turns chocolate.  Their favorite ice cream is always in the freezer, etc.  We have never gotten blowback, as parents realize a little leeway does not hurt.  

Trusted Contributor

My mom's idea of payback was the game Hungry Hungry Hippos.  She made sure my daughter got one when she was old enough to play.  The noise of the marbles rolling around and the hippos being clamped on the board to catch the marbles.  Oh my!