Honored Contributor

Re: Ringling Bros or Shrine Circus for 4 boys-6 & younger++

"They get to wear cute outfits" ...

Well then, there's certainly nothing more to be said, is there? Life simply could not be better for these "rescued" creatures, hm?

There is no point to further discourse with the OP about this issue. She has said it all.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

I agree. It's a total lost cause.

Super Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Kayce said:
On 1/30/2015 Jezzebell said:

Omg. Anybody who doesn't understand and believe the facts of the sad life of circus and zoo animals just has DECIDED to ignore and not believe imho. How could anybody deny the truth of it?

So true. There are horror stories and graphic photos all over the internet.

Exactly.

Super Contributor

Soulless and uncaring people do it all the time.

Frequent Contributor

Knowing what I know now I would NEVER take my children to a circus - or go myself for that matter. You are paying to support animal cruelty.

They should be outlawed IMHO

Esteemed Contributor

They get to wear cute outfits and get cheered and applauded?

LOL! I have freaking heard everything now. That has to be, without exception, the most stupid and most ignorant thing I have read on this board EVER. And I have read a lot of stupid stuff here.

Listen lady, if you don't mind supporting animal abuse then have at it but don't try and tell yourself the animals like it because they wear cute clothes and get applause. Also, don't try and tell yourself these animals wouldn't prefer to be in their natural habitat.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Contributor

I did a research paper about 5 years ago in a business ethics class on the circus industry. Ringling Bros. is guilty of mistreatment/abuse and neglect of their animals. There is plenty of evidence to support it including animal charges and monetary fines that Ringling Bros. have had to pay over the years.

In 2011 they were fined $270,000 by the USDA for animal abuse. Unfortunately it hasn't stopped them from continuing to mistreat the animals because the profits made from ticket sales outweighs the fines they were slapped with. It's sad that people continue to support an industry where abuse and mistreatment is acceptable.

If you google it, you can see for yourself. I personally would never support any circus that uses animals, and I believe they should all be outlawed. Thank you to all the posters here for bringing up the animal abuse that goes on in the circus industry.

Super Contributor

Animals have been used for "entertainment" for years In a circus, rodeo, parades, zoos whatever.... {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Trusted Contributor

Neither. The torture of animals is not entertainment.
Super Contributor

On 2/19/2015 madcity411 said:

Animals have been used for "entertainment" for years In a circus, rodeo, parades, zoos whatever.... {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

And that makes it OK?