Respected Contributor

Ringling Bros or Shrine Circus for 4 boys-6 & younger++

Both are coming to our area & I want to take the boys. I took 2 of them to the Ringling Bros last year & it was pretty great. A lot going on all of the time. Will we be disappointed with the Shrine Circus or might it be good since they are so young?

Respected Contributor

Re: Ringling Bros or Shrine Circus for 4 boys-6 & younger++

I would suggest the Shrine Circus for the kids this year. Also, remember the Shrine does so much for children orthopedically and also in their burns units, with absolutely no charge to the families.

Esteemed Contributor

Nobody does circus like Ringling Bros (never saw a Shrine Circus)! We took all our children to them for years!

Occasional Contributor

Please choose whichever does not use animals for entertainment. Animals were not put on Earth to endure cruel training and torture for the amusement of humans.
Honored Contributor

On 1/26/2015 Foxgirl said: Please choose whichever does not use animals for entertainment. Animals were not put on Earth to endure cruel training and torture for the amusement of humans.

This is my sentiment exactly! Circuses, rodeos, and animal racing are all horrifically cruel to animals. There are circuses that don't use animals that are beautiful and amazing.

I'd love to see kids being taught that it's NOT ok to abuse animals. Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Please don't take your children to the circus. It has been proven by investigations time and time again, that circus animal are grossly mistreated. Elephants were not meant to walk on their hind legs, or be constantly chained. Please be mindful of this and don't patronize events where animals are put in harm's way.

Occasional Contributor

If a Cirque du Soleil show come near you, those are really great.
Respected Contributor

Neither. It is soooo sad to see those animals forced to be out of their element. I refused to take my kids when they were little.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I think circuses should be outlawed.
Super Contributor

No, no, no to animals in circuses. Barbaric.