Respected Contributor

Re: Re: Any Older Moms Out There-Update

On 5/29/2014 LVLady333 said:

I don't know if you all remember me. I posted back in September about my husband and I tossing around the idea of having another child. I am now 42 and he is 44. Well we decided to go for it. We started taking certain vitamins, tried to eat healthier and keep up with working out.

We chose January as our first month of trying. Geez we were like two 20 something year olds that first time trying. We were both nervous and excited. lol Anyway, it took 2 months but in February I got the plus sign on my pee stick!

I am now 17 weeks along, received very good results from the NT scan and also had specific genetic testing done due to our age which came back negative for Trisomy 21, 18 and 13. I have to say it's a bit weird to be referred to as Advanced Maternal Age especially since I had my first one at 21 years of age.

Anyway thank you all for your postings on my original thread and wish us luck!

Congratulations to you and your husband! I hope you have a healthy baby and all goes well for you and your family. Smile

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

Wonderful, the child will keep you young!!

Super Contributor

Congrats! The cut off for ""advanced age"" use to be 35. This was about 15 years ago when I had my last two. I had one when I was 34 and one when I was 35 and you wouldn't believe the difference that ONE YEAR made in the medical care!!! It was close to being comical how different the pregnancies were treated as far as which tests were done and so forth......all because I had a birthday in between pregnancies.

Trusted Contributor

So happy for you!! Congrats..I had my twins at 39..great pregnancy, no bed rest, no complications, did better than a lot of my young friends who were on bed rest, etc....they are 11 now and they definitely keep us young!!
Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Contributor

I have two my first at 38 and my last at 40. We were married 10 years and were told unless we did invitro it would be impossible. They were wrong, it ain't over till it's over. Anything is possible.
Super Contributor

Congrats! Prayers for a healthy outcome for you and baby!

Had my last son at almost 46, and would have had more if my dh hadn't passed away when the baby was a few months old.

Super Contributor

Congratulations! I had my children at age 25, 38 and 41. I also went throughout the advanced maternal age testing for the last two. After my first amino with my son it was discovered he had a genetic abnormality which we later found out was caused by one I had that was unknown, but also gave him extra genetic material. In the end all was normal, but those were some scary months for me. He will be 13 tomorrow weird genes and all. With my last baby I had CVS at 11 weeks and she was genetically normal. The first child gave me gray hair, the second two keep me young I think!
Frequent Contributor

Congrats to you! Our little one is 4, and thinks he is going to race motor cycles... We have skid marks on our hardwoods, smudges on the walls and a ramp set up in the family room. Smiley Happy It's great! My DH is 10 yrs older than me (and I was older than you)... just enjoy. We sometimes crack up because we can't believe we are working on potty training while moving our older daughter into her first apartment. Hope you feel well during the rest of your pregnancy journey.

Regular Contributor

On 8/13/2014 JamicaJammer said:

Congrats! Prayers for a healthy outcome for you and baby!

Had my last son at almost 46, and would have had more if my dh hadn't passed away when the baby was a few months old.

Oh my goodness-you just broke my heart about your husband. I'm so sorry for your loss and happy for your blessing. I'm scared to death of losing my husband so I just felt the need to respond. And to the op-im so happy for you and your dh. May god bless you all! Life is good huh?
Esteemed Contributor

I remember you. Congratulations!

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines