Regular Contributor

Q Very tight on the easy pay. IMO

You know, the only thing I really don't like about the Q is they are really stingy when it comes to easy pay. I know you can't offer on everything, but I just don't get how they do offer and then later take it away. I think they would sell more if they did more like HSN or evine (shophq). Just my opinion. Not a big deal or anything... Just something that I've always noticed.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q Very tight on the easy pay. IMO

I agree....the other two shopping sites have easy pay on just about everything they offer...and that is all the time...not sure why the Q....isn't the same...I know it stops me from making purchases if its not on easy pay....(maybe that's a good thing...lol)

Trusted Contributor

HSN is offering less easy pay as of late. People have been complaining on their boards.

Bear in mind that easy pay, while convenient for a lot of customers, comes at great risk to the shopping channel as there will always be people who fraudulently use it, resulting in these costs ultimately being paid by the rest of us. I know it is nice, but it is a huge liability.

Frequent Contributor

I agree with so few easy pays. I could never figure out why a low priced item say $30.00 or less will be offered and then a large ticket item their is none. It's true that HSN and Evine offer it on almost everything but I've started to wise up. What I mean by that is I don't want to be paying on something for half of a year. When I started thinking okay it's Nov and this won't be paid off until May it made me start stopping and thinking about do I really want this. In most cases the answer was no. I do however appreciate the longer payments if it's a high priced item (in the hundreds of dollars). I for one wish they would let US pick how many months we would like. Even if they only offered two choices like 2 months or 5 months.

Esteemed Contributor

DianeFL.....how I use e-z pay is I get the product home...""test-drive"" it for the 30 days or less....and if I know I am going to keep it.....I will go to my order status and pay it off way before the allotted number of e-z pays....(if its real costly I may have to wait a couple of months)

Bottom line only one payment is taken from my money instead of the entire amount....

KYToby....I understand what you are saying....just wonder why the other two shopping channels take the chance and the Q....will not....all three have a bottom line to account for...would you say that the Q. shoppers are more likely to default on their e-z pays and that doesn't happen over yonder....

Honored Contributor

I would think ez pay would be a good idea for the credit card companies.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Frequent Contributor

I love the easy pays. I really appreciate the ones in March and June. This last christmas they did one, which was great for the holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really appreciate anytime they have them. I do know they can't do it all the time. The Q is the best!!!!!!!!!!!! I do all my shopping on the Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I don't use it, would be better to give a discount rather than EP.

Honored Contributor

Yes, they are stingy with EP and the time limited nature they seem always to apply to it is equally as annoying. Still, OP, if that's the only thing you don't like about QVC, you're doing very, very well...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

On 2/15/2015 jackthebear said:

I don't use it, would be better to give a discount rather than EP.

Absolutely. Many who shop because of EP should not be shopping.