Respected Contributor

Re: Q Very tight on the easy pay. IMO

Last week I bought a pair of earrings from evine for 81.00 and on ez pay. While it was in shiping the earrings dropped to 42.00! I called evine and told them about the difference price and they gave the earrings at sale price of 42.00! Not only that but the rep said if they dropped even lower to call and they would readjust the price again! A few months ago this happened to me and the CS told me I would have to ship back the order and then reorder to get the sale price! Where is QVS there?
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

I must have hit it right because almost every single item I've purchased for months now has been on EZPay - some Wen, some Philosophy, some Dr. Denese, and whatever else. I think only my Kind bar TSV wasn't on EZPay and that wasn't something I would have put on EZP anyhow - inexpensive and I don't like paying for edibles after I've eaten them!

Honored Contributor

I watched one HSN show yesterday (very rare for me). It was handbags. There were 4 "flex" pays on the products, but a runner at the bottom of the screen that said there would be 5 "flex" pays if one used their HSN card. Any opinion on that?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

One of my Q New Year's resolutions is no more easy pay for me. If I am not willing to pay for it all at once, then I don't really need it. I hate paying for something for month's on end and not even being excited about the purchase anymore before I am done paying for it.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

QVC has tons of items on Easy Pay but obviously everything can't be on Easy Pay. It can be a slippery slope for some people. Evine does it a lot but Evine is struggling to stay in business, they need every customer they can get.

Valued Contributor

Per my other posts on this same subject. QVC dangles the carrot stick of easy pay, like it's a big prize you have won. I have broken that pattern I no longer order from any shopping channels with or without easy pays(jewelry& handbags were my weakness). I can admire something for it's beauty and not buy it.

Trusted Contributor

Easy Pays are seductive for people who tend to be drawn in by sales pitches and order more than they really can comfortably afford. I wonder how many customers end up with multiple easy pay orders, some of which they've forgotten about till multiple items start showing up in monthly increments on their credit card bills.......and then have trouble meeting the monthly payments? Once in a while EP might be useful when someone is purchasing a big-ticket item and wants to pay for it over three or four months with no interest, but when used often for routine purchases, it's a great way to get oneself in trouble! Who in the world wants to be making payments on overpriced food you've already eaten, gifts you've already given, or fashion items that have already been worn and washed over and over? I'd much rather just purchase things I can afford all at once and be done with it.