Respected Contributor

My DH, a friend, and I were out to dinner Sat nite, when a group of 8 dressed for prom came in.  They all looked great except for 1 young lady.  She was very, very well endowed and almost everything was showing.  Not only that, the dress was slit to almost top of the thigh.  It was held together by a few thin strings.  The men in the restaurant were certainly taking in the "view".  I have no daughters, but have to admit, I would never had let a daughter of mine leave the house like that.  The other girls had low cut dress on, but nothing was hanging out.  I wonder if the school let her in. 

Esteemed Contributor

It looks like the girl has very low self esteem & thinks this is the only way to get attention.Her parents must have let her out of the house looking like that.There lies the problem. Appears she was never taught that her intelligence was beautiful too.That it outlasts physical beauty all the time.

Honored Contributor

A friend showed me a pix of her granddaughter on her way to her prom.  Dress with a very low cut neckline and a slit thigh high.  Her date looked stunned.  And she was a student at a Catholic high school.  Seemed very inappropriate to me.

Valued Contributor

I've always liked this quote,5be2d9fb9a5b5340bf3e29cd723ffa06.jpg

Respected Contributor

@cactusgal  I love this!!  

Respected Contributor

I think they shop at Hoochie Mama's R Us.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't assume that the parent's knew she was wearing that dress.  Girls have been known to change after they leave the house. 

Honored Contributor

Well, I hope girl had wonderful time at her prom.  I hope she felt beautiful.    

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

It looks like the girl has very low self esteem & thinks this is the only way to get attention.Her parents must have let her out of the house looking like that.There lies the problem. Appears she was never taught that her intelligence was beautiful too.That it outlasts physical beauty all the time.

Wow ....    all from a dress.

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

I wouldn't assume that the parent's knew she was wearing that dress.  Girls have been known to change after they leave the house. 

I was going to say that but OP was having so much fun psychoanalying and ragging on a girl she didn't know who was young enough to be her great daughter that I just let it pass.  I have doubt the dress was not nearly as bad as OP described.  Granted many prom dresses are over the top these days.