Respected Contributor

Pranks played by the Elf on the Shelf

Thought I'd share what my 8-yr-old  granddaughter told us  about the Elf that comes to her house every year and does odd things around the house overnight.

The latest mischief was to dye her bathroom toilet's water blue when she flushed it first thing in the morning.

She believes in and really likes that Elf (or at least she claims that she still believes). 

I'm glad she's still in that stage of life, and that her parents play along with it every night  during the Christmas season. 

My DIL is the devil behind most of it, I'm sure.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pranks played by the Elf on the Shelf

That's a cute story. Mischievous Elf!

Esteemed Contributor

Sniff, sniff.  My youngest announced this year that they ALL knew last year but didn't want to hurt our feelings.  So there goes that!

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 

My husbands cousin started this Elf fantasy with her children; now 10 and 12.   12 year old no longer believes, but plays along, as 10 year old absolutely believes in the Elf, and Santa.   

The family got a new dog last year; dog has a lot of toys that are nice and soft like the Elf.   Mom put Elf in his pose before she went to bed, and expected to be awakened by the 10 year olds laughter when the Elf was discovered the next morning.   A power outage caused everyone to oversleep, so Elf mischief was not on anyone’s mind as they scrambled to get out the door.   

The dog couldn’t do her business fast enough that morning, with their rushed schedule, so mom called dad, who worked nights to make sure he was on his way home, and dog was secured in the garage.  

Dad gets home within minutes and sees he has a little mess to clean up in the garage, which he pretty much expected.  What he didn’t expect, was to see Elf’s face in the dog poop, along with pieces of red cloth, which resulted in mom receiving a jaw dropping photo on her cell phone!  

Mom spent her lunch hour looking for a new Elf, but it was about 6 days before Christmas, and none was to be found.   10 year old comes in from school to find a “note” from Elf explaining his sudden departure, due to a sleigh packing emergency at the North Pole.   

Mom and dad decided this was just too much drama, and hope that by Christmas 2020, there is no need for another Elf! 

Honored Contributor

Too cute!!!Smiley Happy