Respected Contributor

Anyone any knowledge of above condition - have read up on line but wondered if anyone knows about this condition.    Granddaughter delivered healthy baby but now diagnosed with above condition and in hospital sedated.  Thank you.

Valued Contributor

@dulwichI do not know anything about this condition, but I wanted to post to send well wishes to your granddaughter.  I hope her condition improves very soon!

Valued Contributor

Prayers for your GD.  Recently a friend of mine, her niece, 25yrs old gave birth to a healthy baby girl.  Within 2 weeks, the mother passed away, from complications of preeclampsia -- it became toxic shock syndrome. Very, very sad.  I'm sure there are a lot of 'what if' questions right now in the family.  

Helen852
Honored Contributor

I found this on the internet.  I am sorry about your family.  I hope this helps.  I'd never heard about this.

http://www.preeclampsia.org/health-information/faqs?gclid=CKDF77bp68oCFYIfhgodBXYC9g#preeclampsia

Respected Contributor

It's very serious and one problem is that doctors don't listen when the pre-labor or post-labor woman say she doesn't feel good. 

Lady Sybil of "Downton Abbey" had pre-eclampsia that progressed to eclampsia seizures --which is why she died. (Trivia.) 

Respected Contributor

It is pretty rare.  Which is fortunate.

Usually the birth will "cure" pre-eclampsia, but not with this.

I know most new mothers want to go home really quickly after birth, but things can happen even with a healthy birth.  A friend of mine actually had pre-eclampsia and was induced due to her blood pressure getting higher.  This doesn't always resolve right with the birth.  Yet, they sent her home within 24 hours still with high blood pressure.  The drive to get people out of the hospital isn't always the best.

Yes, if a woman doesn't feel well AFTER the birth, that must be paid attention to.  Birth itself doesn't just undo the effects of pregnancy.

Hope she improves quickly.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

GOOD GRIEF, no one wants to hear about bad outcomes when worrying about a loved one!!

5-8% of pregnant women develop this. Most of the problems arise when the woman is not diagnosed. Dulwich, your granddaughter is already in the hospital so they are watching her, she will be fine.

Regular Contributor

I hope all will be well with your Granddaughter!!! This is so scarry! My prayers are for you and her today! OK!

"Life finds a way." --- Ian Malcom Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Yikes, dulwich- adding DGD and baby to our "tiny baby" prayers.......Please let us know how things are coming along, and loving thoughts as well.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Anyone any knowledge of above condition - have read up on line but wondered if anyone knows about this condition.    Granddaughter delivered healthy baby but now diagnosed with above condition and in hospital sedated.  Thank you.

((((( @dulwich )))))

Heart   Heart    Heart