Contributor

Re: Poll - Mother's Day gift for daughter-in-law?

Well, so happy I asked this question here and the majority of the responses were to give my DIL a gift.  I did ... and she was so happy about it.  I agree with most of you ... you gift your daughter or daughter-in-law because she's a hard working mom to your grandchildren, and it's nice to show appreciation for that. 

Happy Mother's Day All!

Trusted Contributor

No I get a gift for my mom, and for grandmother when she was living. I do not give my son a father's day gift either.

Honored Contributor

My mother has never recognized the fact that I'm a mom with a gift or a card on Mother's Day. Neither did my mother in law.

That said, I think I would do it for a DIL that was the mother of my grandkid(s). It is nice to recognize with a card and or a small gift any woman in your life who is a mother/mother figure. I don't think there has to be any hard and fast rules about it.

Honored Contributor

Of course we give a gift to the mother of our Grands.  My MIL never gave me anything for MD.

Honored Contributor

This was my DIL's third Mother's Day so she got a third gift.  This year I special ordered a Personalized Double Hearted Keychain with a bow going through two hearts.  One heart had my son's name and one heart had my Granddaughters name.   In the same order I have my son's Father's Day gift waiting, his own Guitar Pick keychain with a specical Dad quote on one side and my Granddaughter's name on the other.

These are the only two I buy for Mother/Fathers Day anymore the others in my life have gone home to their reward.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."