Contributor

Poll - Mother's Day gift for daughter-in-law?

Wondering how many moms on the forum buy a mother's day gift for their daughters-in-law?  And if so, what sort of things do you gift them with?  My first year as a mother-in-law, so I'm new at this.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Poll - Mother's Day gift for daughter-in-law?

Always buy a gift for my daughter and daughter-in-law, and they appreciate it very much.  It's usually a gift card where they like to shop for themselves...

Regular Contributor

My MIL has never acknowledged that I am also a mother.  My own mother sends me a lovely card every year.  I will make sure I send my DIL a gift for mother's day should my son get married and my SIL a gift for father's day should my daughter get married.  I think my MIL is a very selfish and ungenerous person.  I think it is very thoughtful and loving to get your DILs any gifts at all.  I hope they are grateful - I know I would be.  

Esteemed Contributor

@hgsuddle wrote:

My MIL has never acknowledged that I am also a mother.  My own mother sends me a lovely card every year.  I will make sure I send my DIL a gift for mother's day should my son get married and my SIL a gift for father's day should my daughter get married.  I think my MIL is a very selfish and ungenerous person.  I think it is very thoughtful and loving to get your DILs any gifts at all.  I hope they are grateful - I know I would be.  

You sound like a wonderful person....with a big heart....

Respected Contributor

A card with some cash tucked inside.

Super Contributor

I have always given both my mother and my mother-in-law gifts for Mother's Day.  My husband and daughters have always given me a gift.  I never received a gift from either my mother or my mother-in-law, but I also never expected one.  

Honored Contributor

I think the idea is for mothers to receive cards and gifts on Mother's Day, not for them to give cards and gifts.  Do we need a Daughter's Day?  Calling Hallmark...!

Honored Contributor

@mom2laxboyz wrote:

Wondering how many moms on the forum buy a mother's day gift for their daughters-in-law?  And if so, what sort of things do you gift them with?  My first year as a mother-in-law, so I'm new at this.

That's a job for my son and his kids.

Respected Contributor

I live with my DIL....I will make a nice meal and clean like I do every day.....

Contributor

I usually buy my daughter--in-laws a small gift as a recognition of their being a good mom to my grandchildren and generously sharing them with us,