No, it's

F I v e!

@PamfromCT 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paging Pam _ Pamfromct

[ Edited ]

@NAES1

HUGS. HUGS  HUGS. HUGS. HUGS. 

HUGS to all - to dear NAES and all kitties in the NAES Kitty Shelter!  You kitties are so very lucky to be cared for by the loving and compassionate NAES!  Kitty Winston sends his love and kisses to all!  

Hello Dear NAES!

Yesterday was a bit cray-cray here.  DH had an appointment at periodontist.  Had a crown on front tooth forever, knocked out when he was a kiddo.  Well, finally all gave way, even root dead.  Yesterday was extraction of root.  This will be a long process, process of many months, bone graft, etc.  But it will happen.

Want to know c r a z y?  My DB just finishing his process of finishing his journey with HIS front tooth.  He had knocked out front tooth playing basketball (used to play weekly with friends at gym as adults).  Same story, exactly!!  But he is close to getting his crown, after root removal and bone graft.

Months long process.

They go to different docs.  But all will be fine in the end! And expensive! As you can imagine.  You could not make this up.  When DH smiles, I tell him he could be in “Deliverance II movie” to make him laugh.

I am so sorry for all you are going through.  Every situation is different, but I got much relief from Lessman’s “Turmeric 400

Curcumin.”  For my back, feeling so much better for several years now.  And my internal med PCP now recommends these ingredients for back.  Wish I had known back when.

I do believe there must be much more emphasis on pain control research.  Combinations of therapies.  I think there is something they are starting at UConn on this issue, and I am sure many other places.  About time!

You are in my prayers, honey.  I do know how brave and determined you are, and I know you will be fine.  We all have our challenges, and boy it ain’t fun!  A couple years back I was almost home from my pool therapy, a bright sunny day, straight road, slowed down gradually, blinker on to turn into driveway.  Bang!  Hit in rear by young distracted driver.  I grabbed my steering wheel so hard to avoid trees that I ended up permanently losing some muscles in my right palm around my thumb.  Despite surgery and therapy.  It is ok and does not affect my right hand mobility,  But accident did hurt my back a bit, rounds of dr visits, but then back to my “normal.”

Please keep me updated on your progress.  No matter how hard we try...it can be a downer.  Please always keep me updated.

Life is full of surprises.  Will tell you about my bronchitis journey.  Even though I have always been fully vaxed and so careful, and always tested negative, there are times I am suspicious that I had a touch of that virus,  Perhaps I am crazy...I guess being more vulnerable is part of my advanced age.

Bless you for always loving little helpless animals.  Winston is quite the guy, active, quite a character.  He is spoiled rotten....

and how did that happen?  

Please tell me how how you are doing.  Love and hugs to you!

Your old pal,

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

I had read through your sweet post three times, and `` NO `` the story of two of your sweet brother and I do believe that husband in love with you - having the Tooth Patrols knocking at the same time, yes it was ....and I was listening, over the top crazy unusual. But I'm very in tune to the very unusual... more so than ever for these last two years. Sometimes we do /ha/ change.

I was at a stop light 6 years ago when bam I felt the back end of my cast go forward, then a slight jolt.

Angry was not the word. I immediately got out and decibels higher than church bells rang out. She was fiddling with that cell phone of her when coming home from the airport.

I scared her to the point that she would not get out, but I pointed at her and demanded she step out. 

I said are you under any thing that made you this not responsible. ?

And she was no young girl, more in age of an old looking forty something.

By that time the sirens were heard and she darted back in and  burned rubber as I took her license #_down, also got her name from her ID...MADE HER give me her address.

She lived over four lanes in the same village as me. Then the nicest policeman came asking if I wanted to go to the hospital. I SAID I would later but get that female. He came back to my home and laughed. You do know your way around!

......Told me you scared her to the point that her husband said she went to bed with some type of pulsating head ache. Her husband knew nothing that of what happened. I do not let people try and appease me and walk away. 

Honestly, Pam I do not know how realistic wed cash take care of six cats, once Five are grown in side absolutely knowing that the mom is not totally feral but backs away.

Her kitties ARE if guessing, 3 months old and ARE definitely afraid or haven't seen humans this close. 

I wasn't aware of that until two days ago.

____ I am feeding still and placing bedding down, but the weather is fast approaching colder nights/ 50° and under to now at 42°.>this will pass for October, then November will be in the 30- 20s quickly. 

Stopping here until husband is asleep, then I can be better with concentration. We ARE talking about Somme business, so back soon. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Back soon--- read above. Explains.

Esteemed Contributor
@PamfromCT~
“continue on with me”-

Firstly, that was car, not]> cast and Somme was some))- I had my 4th PT and it IS more painful due to these ever changing therapists with different levels of exercises. Depise them !
No ONE-prepares you for the - well this type,but each patient is different. With dealing with any type of back injury or weakness, the patient cannot receive one harsh exercise and for go the back muscles that already are inflamed. That’s the most difficult post exercise after traveling back home. All hades breaks loose, then more icing. I can find some comfort having a female therapist vs a male, though.
I think, not believe,—- that with back issue of any type will present some degree of discomfort, and no surgery unless it’s very VERY minor that has stats as 100%, and NOT on board with that as truth.
A very wise physician years ago told me, once cut on never the same! And yesterday at therapy, told my husband as they were standing together waiting( she had had a TKR ) said THERE IS NOTHING LIKE YOUR ORIGINAL PARTS, and my husband said—so so true. Sure made my day!
The woman beside me having her pt, was just checking in for her first exercise from 3 days ago, and 95% doing better than me, although she had the lighter 1st intro. She did mention that her lumbar was diagnosed as not the best. Guessing her age around 60, but looked 80. I was dolled up and people ain’t think you cannot be a patient here. Have I heard that over & over.
PaIn:; Way over the top denying patients adequate pain relief as it dictates many others if asking for simple relief, especially for the elderly. What does it matter if one is on the downside of life nearing either an inability or bedridden.
NO, the system in HEALTHCARE IS TOTALLY UNFOUNDED and completely foreign to me as a professional understanding what has happened with in the past 2 years from possibly when the addicts became diagnosed AS it is known, now. Same principle as one rotten apple spoils IT for the rest. I am not, nor, have ever been against pain medication for honest to heavens real debilitating pain. Everyone mis fast becoming paranoid or paralyzed from these quacks in the big “g”vt house of lord’s.
Never knew anyone that has tried Turmeric or Curcumin for moderate to severe pain OR symptoms closely similar to THEM ASCA THEME, there of.
____!! And acetaminophen is not a pain reliever, but good for reducing fever and mild inflammation. I totally agree that there ‘MUST BE MORE EMPHASIS on pain CONTROLS. WORK A FULL DAY IN ANY hospital and THEN COME OUT preaching - no pain relief for the day’s ratio of patients. I dare them! DARE THEM!…….! Too much video armchair blah blah, not to mention the same as here never receiving a 4-6 year medical education unless PLAGIARISM FROM SOME ONE ELSE that knows just enough or has experience in a particular position. Yes, life is full of surprises and so very often hits when unexpected.
Hoping that I can obtain suggestions from one of our Pet Care facilities that has quality spay & neutering with a fee for promising adoption. My most important goal now. For the kitties. Am hearing ALL has an overwhelming overload. I do not remember that happen at this rate. If possible, may be able to take two. The mom is important but unfortunately in to trying to kill- she knows no better. I said That Sashay would be our last. Pam, I will never get over her death this suddenly, and there has been no other pet we have had that was this intelligent. Winston, awe, how in the world could he NOT be spoiled.
Sending hugs and back as this unfolds. lovingly, another PAL, but do I have to say …~old…? Back again as my knee exercise permits. Climbing that > point of 0😍🎶🔝❌again..c/o @PamfromCT

Esteemed Contributor

@NAES1 

My Dear Friend NAES,

I am in complete agreement with everything you said.

There’s no miracle that I know of - but can wish - that every provider of support for those in pain - would have a personal experience with personal pain.  Know what it is like - fighting the medical system - trying to find empathetic caregivers - trying to give medicine to help relieve pain.

What good has all the research done when pain relief is denied to those who desperately need it - all because there are groups illegally getting meds to sell to addicts?  This problem is fixable.  And there are people who know how.  So the solution is to deny pain relief to folks really needing it?

I don’t get it.  But when I don’t understand so much, I have learned “money” is always involved.

Prpoducts such as “Biofreeze” and such can help.  You should wear protective gloves when handling such products, because they have some sort of base that could burn. Your eyes if touched.  So you put on, take off gloves, and don’t touch area.  It does help.  And patches of these products are available to apply.  Worth a try!

And a good physical therapist is worth their weight in gold.  if people need PT, they should be assigned one therapist to work with.

And Pain Centers associated with hospitals?  I had a very bad experience with one.  Just want to give injections, which hurt like heck, and don’t last long.  There might be many better, but that’s what I found.e

And dear NAES, I know about having “that special pet of a lifetime.”  You love them all, but one stands out.  With me, there was Snowball.  Many years back, after doggie died, saw picture of tiny white kitty, so sad, with red bow.  Her sadness tore me up.  She was old, very thin, toothless, found dumped outside during the cold winter,

I adopted here. Snowball was my baby.  I used to carry her around the house.  She slept next to me in bed.  How I loved her.  She died much too soon, and if I even look at her picture, I cry.  But I decided I could love others, but it has never been that intense.  But I need a pet to be happy.  Without, life has an empty feel.

I am thinking of you, praying for you, that you will heal and get your life back.  I hope you can get a shelter to take kitties for treatment.  Yes, I have heard the shelters are full.  People took them in during the pandemic when they were stuck at home.

Then, as life was getting back to normal, bye bye to their little ones - back to the shelters.  

Want a laugh?  Winston’s favorite toys are little fake mice.  There are times when I find one in my shoes.  He has left me a present.  So I get all excited and thank him.  It’s his gift to me!

Love and best wishes!

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@NAES1

HUGS. HUGS  HUGS. HUGS. HUGS. 

HUGS to all - to dear NAES and all kitties in the NAES Kitty Shelter!  You kitties are so very lucky to be cared for by the loving and compassionate NAES!  Kitty Winston sends his love and kisses to all!  

Hello Dear NAES!

Yesterday was a bit cray-cray here.  DH had an appointment at periodontist.  Had a crown on front tooth forever, knocked out when he was a kiddo.  Well, finally all gave way, even root dead.  Yesterday was extraction of root.  This will be a long process, process of many months, bone graft, etc.  But it will happen.

Want to know c r a z y?  My DB just finishing his process of finishing his journey with HIS front tooth.  He had knocked out front tooth playing basketball (used to play weekly with friends at gym as adults).  Same story, exactly!!  But he is close to getting his crown, after root removal and bone graft.

Months long process.

They go to different docs.  But all will be fine in the end! And expensive! As you can imagine.  You could not make this up.  When DH smiles, I tell him he could be in “Deliverance II movie” to make him laugh.

I am so sorry for all you are going through.  Every situation is different, but I got much relief from Lessman’s “Turmeric 400

Curcumin.”  For my back, feeling so much better for several years now.  And my internal med PCP now recommends these ingredients for back.  Wish I had known back when.

I do believe there must be much more emphasis on pain control research.  Combinations of therapies.  I think there is something they are starting at UConn on this issue, and I am sure many other places.  About time!

You are in my prayers, honey.  I do know how brave and determined you are, and I know you will be fine.  We all have our challenges, and boy it ain’t fun!  A couple years back I was almost home from my pool therapy, a bright sunny day, straight road, slowed down gradually, blinker on to turn into driveway.  Bang!  Hit in rear by young distracted driver.  I grabbed my steering wheel so hard to avoid trees that I ended up permanently losing some muscles in my right palm around my thumb.  Despite surgery and therapy.  It is ok and does not affect my right hand mobility,  But accident did hurt my back a bit, rounds of dr visits, but then back to my “normal.”

Please keep me updated on your progress.  No matter how hard we try...it can be a downer.  Please always keep me updated.

Life is full of surprises.  Will tell you about my bronchitis journey.  Even though I have always been fully vaxed and so careful, and always tested negative, there are times I am suspicious that I had a touch of that virus,  Perhaps I am crazy...I guess being more vulnerable is part of my advanced age.

Bless you for always loving little helpless animals.  Winston is quite the guy, active, quite a character.  He is spoiled rotten....

and how did that happen?  

Please tell me how how you are doing.  Love and hugs to you!

Your old pal,

Pam

Hello Pam, I actually have not been on as frequently as I was 5+ months ago, or longer.

(I had told you if not here, then something else happened )..I went into my profile finding 5 replies that were never posted. This was one.

It could have been when many posters were having pc whatsoever, or this website? 
 I am correcting those, now. 'sorry' - your guess it good as mine- 😮mmmh.... NAES 🌼

@PamfromCT 

1.04.'23 sending